This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Punk rock, noise rock, surf rock, heavy metal, klezmer, bossa nova, progressive rock, math rock|
The Greyboy Allstars|
Robert Walter's 20th Congress
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
The DaoSon For
Devon E. Levins|
Rob de Molay
Pierre de Gaillande
Creedle is an American post-hardcore and alternative rock band based in San Diego, California which released three full length albums on Cargo Music/Headhunter Records in the 1990s along with numerous 7" singles. The band was primarily composed of Devon E. Levins a.k.a. Devon Goldberg (guitar/vocals), PieBoy a.k.a. Tim Blankenship (bass/vocals), Dr. Gein a.k.a. Dion Thurman (drums), Stretch a.k.a. Robert Walter (keyboards and samples) and Cheme a.k.a. Cochemea Gastelum (saxophone). Creedle was formed after the nearly simultaneous break ups of San Diego bands The Pull Toys, Daddy Long Legs, Holy Love Snakes and If Tomorrow.
Half Man Half Pie, Creedle's first album, was recorded and mixed by Donnell Cameron at Westbeach Recorders in Hollywood, California. The artwork was created by Fip Buchanan. The second album, Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, was a concept album pertaining to freemasonry, the Knights Templar and related conspiracy theories which was also recorded and mixed at Westbeach Recorders but instead by Bill Jackson, who worked with Prince, Danny Elfman and Elvis Costello. The album features the Skinbus Horns, composed of Pete Kellers on alto saxophone and Pierre de Gaillande on trumpet. The final album entitled When The Wind Blows added alto saxophonist Cochemea Gastelum. The album was recorded and mixed by Mark Trombino at Big Fish Studios in Olivenhain, California and included the vocals of Rob Crow and Pierre de Gaillande on various tracks and liner notes by music writer David R. Stampone. All three albums were released on Cargo Music/Headhunter Records.
Members of the band continue to record and perform with The Greyboy Allstars, The DaoSon For, Morricone youth, Pretendo, fluf, Robert Walter's 20th Congress, 16, Manual Scan and Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings. Creedle, joined by Rob Crow on vocals, keyboards and samples, played a reunion show on December 30, 2007 at the Casbah in San Diego which is where the band played its first show in 1991. The band has since played sporadic shows in California and Nevada and commenced working on a new album in May 2010 tentatively entitled The San Diego Music Awards. Rob Crow and Gabriel Sundy have respectively replaced Robert Walter and Cochemea Gastelum on some live dates. On March 29, 2011, the band performed an album's worth of new material at the Casbah under the name "The San Diego Music Awards" to some controversy based on the similarity in name to the San Diego Music Awards local music awards show held annually in San Diego, California. In January 2014, Robert Walter played live with the band for the first time in nearly twenty years for the Casbah's 25th anniversary show. The band was featured as a subject in Bill Perrine's documentary "It's Gonna Blow!!! - San Diego's Music Underground 1986-1996".
- Half Man Half Pie - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records 1992
- Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records 1994
- When the Wind Blows - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records 1996
- The San Diego Music Awards - To Be Released 2013
- Bad Radio - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records
- Trip 3 split 7" with Deadbolt "Bicycle Moto Cross" - Trademark Records
- It's Not Cool To Like Green Day Anymore - Rhetoric Records
- 91X Mas "Wake Up Baby Jesus"
- Musica Del Diablo "Maiden (SD Version Live)" - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records/1993
- Saint Doug "Takin' Dick to the Bridge"
- IMS - I'm A Mess
- Kills Majors Dead "Otto the Tentmaker" - Cargo Music/Headhunter Records
- The Thing From Another World Vol. 4: Super Phonic Machine "La Chanson De L'Espion Detectif" - The Thing/THR 005 1997 Greece
- What A Wonderful Compilation! "Georgia X" - Wool Music/Wool 1 1996 France
- Audio-CD "Fisher Price" - Audio/Audio CD-29 Feb 1997 Greece