|Genres||Early: Melodic Death Metal, Doom metal
Now: Gothic metal, Industrial metal
|Years active||1991–2001, 2003–present|
|Labels||Massacre (1993–1996, 2006–2014)
Nuclear Blast (1996–2006)
|Associated acts||Mystic Circle|
|Members||Gerhard "Felix" Stass - growling
Markus Jüllich - drums
Katrin Goger - keyboards
Harald Heine - bass
Tosse Basler - rhythm guitars, clean vocals
Rolf Munkes - lead guitars
|Past members||Marc Zimmer - bass, clean vocals/screaming
Heinz Steinhauser - bass, clean vocals/screaming
Lothar "Lotte" Forst - guitars, clean vocals
Matthias Hechler - guitar, clean vocals
The band received its earliest recognition in the mid-1990s by touring with My Dying Bride, Tiamat and Atrocity. Much like the latter two groups, the band had begun as traditional death metal, then evolved with an industrial music and gothic metal musical direction on later albums. The band would receive heavy rotation on MTV Germany, and would also make appearances at various extreme metal festivals, including Germany's Wacken Open Air in the years 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2008, in addition to inclusion on Nuclear Blast compilation samplers.
The band re-signed to Massacre Records in 2006 after a 10-year stint with Nuclear Blast; Massacre had been the band's first label.
Active for over 20 years (with a brief split between 2001 and 2003) they are among one of Europe's longest running gothic metal bands.
- Gerhard "Felix" Stass - vocals (1991–present)
- Markus Jüllich - drums, programming (1991–present)
- Katrin Jüllich - keyboards, samples (1992–present)
- Tosse Basler - rhythm guitars, clean vocals (2015–present)
- Rolf Munkes - lead guitars (2015–present)
- Jason Matthias - bass guitar (2016–present)
- Marc Zimmer - bass, vocals (1991–1992)
- Lothar "Lotte" Först - guitar, vocals (1991–1998)
- Harald Heine - bass guitar, backing vocals (1993–2016)
- Heinz Steinhauser - bass, vocals (1993)
- Matthias Hechler - guitar, vocals (1998–2015)
- Crematory (1992)
- Transmigration (1993)
- ...Just Dreaming (1994)
- Illusions (1995)
- Crematory (1996)
- Awake (1997)
- Act Seven (1999)
- Believe (2000)
- Revolution (2004)
- Klagebilder (2006)
- Pray (2008)
- Infinity (2010)
- Antiserum (2014)
- Monument (2016)
- Live... At the Out of the Dark Festivals (1997)
- Live Revolution (2005)
- Black Pearls (2010)
- Live At W.O.A (2014)
Singles and EP's
- Ist es wahr (1996)
- Fly (1999)
- Greed (2004)
- Shadowmaker (2013)
- Early Years (1999)
- Remind (2001)
- Black Pearls (2010)
- Inception (2013)
- Chad Bowar. "Pray review". About.com. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- "CREMATORY - official site". Crematory.de. 1999-11-22. Archived from the original on 2015-08-22. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- link, Archived at: Archived November 17, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Artists: CREMATORY". MusicMight. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "Crematory - Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "archived link". Archived from the original on January 18, 2006. Retrieved January 24, 2007.