This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The article is badly written (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Crematory at Rockharz 2018
Melodic death metal
Neue Deutsche Härte
Death metal (early)
|Years active||1991–2001, 2003–present|
|Labels||Massacre (1993–1996, 2006–2013)|
Nuclear Blast (1996–2006)
Napalm Records (2019–present)
|Associated acts||Mystic Circle|
|Members||Gerhard "Felix" Stass|
|Past members||Lothar "Lotte" Först|
The band received its earliest recognition in the mid-1990s by touring with My Dying Bride, Tiamat and Atrocity. Much like the latter two groups, the band had begun as traditional death metal, then evolved in an industrial music and gothic metal musical direction on later albums. The band received heavy rotation on MTV Germany, and made appearances at various extreme metal festivals, including Germany's Wacken Open Air in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2008, in addition to inclusion on Nuclear Blast compilation samplers.
The band re-signed to Massacre Records in 2006 after a 10-year stint with Nuclear Blast; Massacre had been the band's first label. In 2013 they signed with Steamhammer/SPV to release their next album, Antiserum. In 2019 they moved to Napalm Records, and their 15th studio album, Unbroken, will be released under their label, on 6 March 2020.
Active for over 20 years (with a brief split between 2001 and 2003) they are among one of Europe's longest running gothic metal bands.
- Gerhard "Felix" Stass - lead vocals (1991–present)
- Markus Jüllich - drums, programming (1991–present)
- Katrin Jüllich - keyboards, samples (1992–present)
- Rolf Munkes - lead guitar (2015–present)
- Jason Matthias - bass (2016–present)
- Connie "Conner" Andreszka - guitars, vocals (2018-present)
- Marc Zimmer - bass, vocals (1991–1992)
- Lothar "Lotte" Först - guitars, clean vocals (1991–1998)
- Harald Heine - bass, backing vocals (1993–2016)
- Heinz Steinhauser - bass, vocals (1993)
- Matthias Hechler - guitars, clean vocals (1998–2015)
- Tosse Basler - guitars, clean vocals (2015-2018)
- Crematory (1992)
- Transmigration (1993)
- ...Just Dreaming (1994)
- Illusions (1995)
- Crematory (1996)
- Awake (1997)
- Act Seven (1999)
- Believe (2000)
- Revolution (2004)
- Klagebilder (2006)
- Pray (2008)
- Infinity (2010)
- Antiserum (2014)
- Monument (2016)
- Oblivion (2018)
- Unbroken (2020)
- Live... At the Out of the Dark Festivals (1997)
- Live Revolution (2005)
- Black Pearls (2010)
- Live at W.O.A (2014)
Singles and EPs
- Ist es wahr (1996)
- Fly (1999)
- Greed (2004)
- Shadowmaker (2013)
- The Downfall (2020)
- Early Years (1999)
- Remind (2001)
- Black Pearls (2010)
- Inception (2013)
- "Artists: CREMATORY". MusicMight. Archived from the original on 2016-01-18. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "archived link". Archived from the original on January 18, 2006. Retrieved January 24, 2007.
- "CREMATORY Signs With SPV/STEAMHAMMER". BlabberMouth.net. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Crematory.de News". Crematory Official Website. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "CREMATORY: 'Unbroken' Album Details Revealed". BlabberMouth.net. Retrieved 26 January 2020.