|Genres||Death metal (early)
Melodic death metal
Gothic metal Industrial metal (later)
|Years active||1991–2001, 2003–present|
|Labels||Massacre (1993–1996, 2006–present)
Nuclear Blast (1996–2006)
|Associated acts||Mystic Circle|
|Members||Rolf Munkes - lead guitars|
|Past members||Matthias Hechler - guitar, clean vocals|
The band received its earliest recognition in the mid-1990s by touring with My Dying Bride, Tiamat and Atrocity. Much like the latter two groups, the band had begun as traditional death metal, then evolved with an industrial music and gothic metal musical direction on later albums. The band would receive heavy rotation on MTV Germany, and would also make appearances at various extreme metal festivals, including Germany's Wacken Open Air in the years 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2008, in addition to inclusion on Nuclear Blast compilation samplers.
The band re-signed to Massacre Records in 2006 after a 10-year stint with Nuclear Blast; Massacre had been the band's first label.
Active for over 20 years (with a brief split between 2001 and 2003) they are among one of Europe's longest running gothic metal bands.
- Gerhard "Felix" Stass - vocals (1991–present)
- Markus Jüllich - drums, programming (1991–present)
- Katrin Jüllich - keyboards, samples (1992–present)
- Harald Heine - bass guitar, backing vocals (1993–present)
- Tosse Basler - rhythm guitars, clean vocals (2015–present)
- Rolf Munkes - lead guitars (2015–present)
- Marc Zimmer - bass, vocals (1991–1992)
- Lothar "Lotte" Först - guitar, vocals (1991–1998)
- Heinz Steinhauser - bass, vocals (1993)
- Matthias Hechler - guitar, vocals (1998–2015)
- Crematory (1992)
- Transmigration (1993)
- ...Just Dreaming (1994)
- Illusions (1995)
- Crematory (1996)
- Awake (1997)
- Act Seven (1999)
- Believe (2000)
- Revolution (2004)
- Klagebilder (2006)
- Pray (2008)
- Infinity (2010)
- Antiserum (2014)
- Live... At the Out of the Dark Festivals (1997)
- LiveRevolution (2005)
Singles and EP's
- Ist es wahr (1996)
- Fly (1999)
- Greed (2004)
- Shadowmaker (2013)
- Early Years (1999)
- Remind (2001)
- Black Pearls (2010)
- Inception (2013)
- One of the founding members was Bassist Marc Zimmer, who would leave the band in 1992 to focus on Mystic Circle.
- Jüllich and Goger are married.
- The band collaborated on the Metallica tribute album, A Tribute to the Four Horsemen, with the song "One".
- Bowar, Chad. "Pray review". About.com. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- "CREMATORY - the official site". Crematory.de. 1999-11-22. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- [dead link]
- "Artists :: CREMATORY". MusicMight. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "Crematory | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- [dead link]
- "CREMATORY - the official site". Crematory.de. 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- Official Site
- Official Myspace
- Official Site - Massacre Records
- Official Site - Nuclear Blast Germany
- Official Site - Nuclear Blast USA
- Unofficial Site - Crematory Web