This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
Crerar Hotels is a hotel chain managed by Crerar Management Ltd., based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The Cheshire Public House Trust Company was founded in 1902 by the fourth Albert Grey, 4th Earl Grey.
The first trust to be set up was British Trust Hotels. Nine businessmen invested in this company and half the shareholding was settled in trust to ensure that a percentage of the profits were indeed distributed to charitable organisations.
Paddy Crerar joined North British Trust Group Ltd as a trainee and worked his way up the ranks; appointed Managing Director of British Trust Hotels in October 1999 and Group Managing Director (Chief Executive) of North British Trust Group in April, 2003.
Paddy acquired a shareholding in NBTG Ltd early on. This later helped him take a controlling interest in the company which became Crerar Hotels following the sale of a number of properties to Swallow Hotels in August 2005 which has been sold in 2014.
Substantial charitable donations are still made by the British Hotels Trust, which owns shares in the business.
See below a list of Crerar Hotels:
- Ben Wyvis Hotel, Strathpeffer, Highlands
- Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, Otley, Yorkshire
- Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, Elgin, Moray
- The Craiglynne Hotel, Grantown on Spey near Aviemore
- Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, Isle of Mull
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, Inveraray, Argyll and Bute
- Oban Bay Hotel & Spa, Oban
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa, Pitlochry, Perthshire
- Thainstone House Hotel, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
- The Deeside Inn, Ballater, Aberdeenshire
- The Glencoe Inn, Glencoe, West Highlands
- GoGlasgow Urban Hotel, Glasgow
- Golf View Hotel & Spa, Nairn, near Inverness
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|