|Industry||Diversified financial services|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Mark French (President)|
Crest Capital is an equipment financing and leasing company, based in Atlanta, Georgia. Its president, Mark French, helped form the website section179.org which guides businesses through the process of accessing section 179 depreciation deductions. Crest Capital is one of leading companies providing equipment financing.
Crest Capital was founded in 1989, and it is based in Atlanta, Georgia. Its president, Mark French is a founding contributor to section179.org, a website dedicated to helping businesses understand and access section 179 depreciation deductions.
Business and services
Crest Capital provides financing to businesses for purchase or lease of new or used equipment. It provides equipment, vehicle, furniture, and software lease and loan agreements to small and medium-sized businesses. Crest Capital also offers leasing and financing for agricultural, automotive diagnostic, food service, forestry, health, industrial, manufacturing, medical, office, packaging, printing, retail, software, technology and other general types of equipment. Medical IT related software is one of the more in-demand areas for financing.
Through its president, Mark French's contributions to section179.org, Crest Capital helps small and medium-sized companies to understand Section 179 depreciation deductions. Section 179 of the IRS tax code allows small, medium-sized and large businesses to write off business expenses related to the acquisition of new or used equipment in a particular tax year. Crest Capital assists businesses to benefit from this IRS tax incentive to write-off acquisitions of equipment and software. As of 2011, businesses were able to claim up to $500,000. Businesses exceeding this limit are also able to benefit from further reductions for equipment acquired that is valued above $2 million. This deduction also applies to the acquisition of software, computers and other equipment used in the business. Though these benefits were lowered to fifty percent in 2012, businesses wishing to acquire new equipment still enjoy some amount of tax incentive.
The innovation of payment and tax calculators by Crest Capital has impacted the equipment financing industry. Crest Capital's payment and tax calculators are deployed through strategic partners and others involved in the distribution and funding of business fixed assets and related tax ramifications. Manufacturers and distributors of equipment, vehicles and software have deployed the payment tax calculators on commercial websites. Other organizations utilize the calculators to promote economic development via small business capital spending.
Through Crest Capital Equipment Finance, Crest Capital partners with equipment dealers to make purchase and lease financing opportunities available to their customers.
- "Company Overview of Crest Capital". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Medical Equipment Leasing Holding Steady". 10 October 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Sutton, Lucy (1 February 2011). "How tax relief can benefit 2011 investment". Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Crest Capital in Financing Deal with Billco Manufacturing". Monitordaily.com. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Harrison, Jon (2006). "Funding for Business and Economic Development". Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Power User Spotlight: A Behind the Scenes Look into Lending". SBA.gov. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Leibson, Beth (10 October 2011). "Special report: Medical equipment leasing holds steady". Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Stone, Scott (25 May 2010). "Section 179 Enhanced Limits Extended for 2010 tax year". Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Get The Haas You Want – And Then Write Off the Entire Cost in 2011". 23 May 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Section 179 Calculator". Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "Depreciation Bonus Information Clearinghouse". Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "Financing Options". Howard Brothers. Retrieved August 9, 2013.