|Industry||Financial services, Investment management|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Total assets||$4 billion|
Number of employees
Crestview Partners is a private equity firm focused on leveraged buyout, growth capital and distressed-for-control investments in companies across a range of industries. Crestview focuses on companies in four sectors: financial services, media/cable, healthcare and energy.
The firm, which is based in New York City, was founded in 2004. The Crestview team, which includes Barry Volpert, Thomas Murphy and Bob Hurst, had all previously worked together at Goldman Sachs. The firm has raised approximately $4 billion since inception across two funds. Crestview completed fundraising for its first fund in 2005 with approximately $1.5 billion in investor commitments. That fund was invested in 11 companies from 2004 through 2007. The firm began raising its second fund in November 2007 and raised approximately $2.4 billion in commitments.
Among the firm's most notable investments are the following companies:
- Cumulus Media
- FBR Capital Markets Corporation
- Good Sam Enterprises
- Insight Communications
- JR Automation
- Key Safety Systems
- OneLink Communications
- Samson Resources
- Select Energy Services
- Symbion Healthcare
- Capital Bank Financial Corporation
- NEP Group, Inc.
- The Goldman Sachs Diaspora. New York Times, May 16, 2011
- *Kiernan, Kaitlyn (February 4, 2015). "Davis Polk Leads Crestview Partners To $3B Fund Close". Law360.
- Cumulus Media and Crestview Form Venture. New York Times, April 8, 2010
- Crestview just keeps buying Cumulus Media shares[permanent dead link]. Radio Business Report, December 6, 2011
- FBR to sell stake in investment bank, brokerage, Washington Business Journal, June 23, 2006
- Crestview and MidOcean Lead Deal for Insight Stake. New York Times, April 5, 2010
- Crestview Partners Acquires JR Automation PR Newswire, March 17, 2015
- Crestview Partners buys Key Safety Systems. AltAssets, March 9, 2007
- Group Led by K.K.R. to Buy Samson for $7.2 Billion. New York Times, November 23, 2011
- PE firm Crestview buys into Select Energy Services. Dallas Business Journal, May 17, 2010
- Symbion Healthcare. AltAssets, April 25, 2007
- Crestview Partners (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|