Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||1,188 ft (362 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||433126|
A post office was established at Crete in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1918. The community may have been named after the pet name of Lucretia, a local young woman.
Crete is located at Lynn., about 3 miles (5 km) east of the town of
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Crete, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "Randolph County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved March 19, 2017.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...whose name was Lucretia or Crete.
- Rolls, Geoff (26 November 2014). Classic Case Studies in Psychology: Third edition. Taylor & Francis. p. 100. ISBN 978-1-317-90961-3.
|This Randolph County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|