Intercity and commuter trains
Creusot-Loire was a French engineering conglomerate, formed from factories in Le Creusot and Châteauneuf, Loire. The Creusot-Loire subsidiary of ArcelorMittal also includes an Innovation, Research and Development centre for the group.
The group was formed in 1970 as a result of Compagnie des ateliers et forges de la Loire (owned by Marine-Firminy) and Société des Forges et Ateliers du Creusot (owned by Schneider) merger. The Société des Forges et Ateliers du Creusot had absorbed the Société métallurgique d'Imphy in 1968.
The enterprise developed what has become known as the Creusot-Loire Uddeholm (CLU) converter process, which was developed to minimize the need of argon, and which was first erected on an industrial scale in the 1970s at Degerfors.
In 1984 the organisation became bankrupt with debts of $633 million; the company's owner Empain-Schneider rejected state aid as the conditions included giving away control of another subsidiary Jeumont Industrie.
In September 2015, Industeel was touting its homogeneous armour products and its ballistic protection steel plates. It boasted that 5mm of its MARS 600 product could stop a NATO 7.62mm round at a distance of 10m.
- "FORM 20-F: Commission file number 001-35788 ArcelorMittal". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2015.
- "Industeel, the right steel at the right price" (PDF). ArcelorMittal. March 2021. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- Claude 2001.
- Société de Commentry - Fourchambault – industrie.lu.
- Jalkanen, Heikki; Holappa, Lauri (2014). Seetharaman, Seshadri (ed.). "Converter Steelmaking". Treatise on Process Metallurgy: Industrial Processes. Elsevier. doi:10.1016/C2010-0-67121-5.
- Lewis, Paul (June 14, 1984), "Creusot-Loire Spurns French Aid Plan", The New York Times
- "Bankruptcy: Creusot-Loire Goes Under". Time. 24 December 1984.
- "Special Alloy Valves for Corrosive Petrochemical Applications". Compás Servicios Globales SLU. Alloy Valve Stockist. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Industeel". European Monitoring Centre on Change. 12 September 2003.
- "INDUSTEEL". British Stainless Steel Association. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Steel Solutions for protection applications" (PDF). ArcelorMittal. September 2015.
- "Industeel France". European Monitoring Centre on Change. 26 February 2018.
- "Vente d'Industeel : la CGT en appelle à l'intervention de l'Etat". Le Journal de Saône et Loire. 11 January 2021.
- "ArcelorMittal se donne six mois pour vendre Industeel". Le Journal de Saône et Loire. 20 November 2020.
- Claude, Beaud (2001). "Le drame de Creusot-Loire : échec industriel ou fiasco politico-financier ?". Enterprises et Histoire (in French). 1 (27): 7. doi:10.3917/eh.027.0007.
- "Société de Commentry - Fourchambault", industrie.lu (in French), retrieved 2017-08-02