|Francis Crick Medal and Lecture|
Francis Crick 1916-2004
|Awarded for||Prize lecture given on a subject in genetics, molecular biology and neurobiology|
|Reward(s)||Bronze Medal and gift of £2,000|
The Francis Crick Medal and Lecture is a prize lecture of the Royal Society established in 2003 with an endowment from Sydney Brenner, the late Francis Crick's close friend and former colleague. It is delivered annually in biology, particularly the areas which Francis Crick worked (genetics, molecular biology and neurobiology), and also to theoretical work. The medal is also intended for young scientists, i.e. under 40, or at career stage corresponding to being under 40 should their career have been interrupted.
List of lectures
Laureates include: 
- 2019 Gregory Jefferis for his fundamental discoveries concerning the development and functional logic of sensory information processing
- 2018 Miratul Muqit in recognition of his research on cell signalling linked to neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s disease
- 2017 Simon Myers for transforming our understanding of meiotic recombination and of human population history.
- 2016 Madan Babu Mohan for his major and widespread contributions to computational biology
- 2015 Rob Klose for his research on how chromatin-based and epigenetic processes contribute to gene regulation
- 2014 Duncan Odom for his pioneering work in the field of comparative functional genomics
- 2013 Matthew Hurles on Mutations: great and small
- 2012 Sarah Teichmann on Finding patterns in genes and proteins: decoding the logic of molecular interactions
- 2011 Simon Boulton on Repairing the code
- 2010 Gilean McVean on 'Our genomes, our history
- 2009 Jason Chin on Reprogramming the code of life
- 2008 Simon Fisher on A molecular window into speech and language
- 2007 Geraint Rees on Decoding consciousness
- 2006 Dario Alessi on Deciphering disease
- 2005 Daniel Wolpert on The puppet master: how the brain controls the body
- 2004 Julie Ahringer on Genes, worms and the new genetics
- 2003 Ewan Birney on Being human: what our genome tells us
- "Francis Crick Medal and Lecture". Royal Society. 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-09-13.
- "Recent Crick lectures". London: The Royal Society. Archived from the original on 2011-10-13.
- Rich, A.; Stevens, C. F. (2004). "Obituary: Francis Crick (1916–2004)". Nature. 430 (7002): 845–847. doi:10.1038/430845a. PMID 15318208.
- "Francis Crick Medal and Lecture - Royal Society". Royalsociety.org. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Klose, Robert J.; Bird, Adrian P. (2006). "Genomic DNA methylation: the mark and its mediators". Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 31 (2): 89–97. doi:10.1016/j.tibs.2005.12.008. ISSN 0968-0004. PMID 16403636.
- Duncan T. Odom publications from Europe PubMed Central
- Sarah Teichmann publications from Europe PubMed Central
- Gil McVean publications from Europe PubMed Central