Crime of the Century (audio drama)
|Crime Of The Century|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||Doctor Who: The Lost Stories|
|Written by||Andrew Cartmel|
|Directed by||Ken Bentley|
|Executive producer(s)||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||31 May 2011|
The Doctor has a masterplan that begins in London, Friday the 13th of October, 1989. Cat burglar Raine Creevey infiltrates a fancy dinner party to crack open their safe. That's where she discovers the Doctor. He is gathering rare artifacts and distributing them carefully. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union is invading a country in the Middle East. But a third army has been attacking both sides: noble, insectoid aliens known as the Metatraxi.
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Raine Creevey - Beth Chalmers
- Markus Creevy - Ricky Groves
- Nikitin/Parvez - Derek Carlyle
- Colonel Felnikov/Party Guest/Waiter - John Albasiny
- Metatraxi/Walnuf/Gunman - John Banks
- Sayf Udeen/Valentin - Chris Porter
- Markus met the Doctor 22 years earlier in the previous story Thin Ice.
- The Doctor helped deliver his daughter, Raine.
- Felnikov, and many of the alien artifacts, also featured in Thin Ice.
- Margrave University is investigated, 12 years in the future, in the next story, Animal.
- The Metatraxi return in Earth Aid and have a cameo before that in Animal.
- Andrew Cartmel was the script editor for the last three seasons of the original television series. He was known to fans as the architect of the proposed Cartmel Masterplan. For Big Finish Productions, he previously wrote Winter for the Adept.