Crime in the Czech Republic
Crime in the Czech Republic is combated by the Czech Police and other agencies.
Crime by type
Political corruption (especially bribery) and theft are one of the most severe issues in the Czech Republic. Group of States Against Corruption mainly criticises the lack of pro-active monitoring of the financing and states that an effective supervisory mechanism is missing.
A survey of Transparency International in 2009 showed that fewer than 1 in 10 respondents find the anti-corruption efforts of their government effective. In 2010, 44% of people answered that the corruption increased.
- Global Study on Homicide. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 2013.
- "Czech Republic ranks among Europe's most corrupt: Studies show theft and graft are on the rise (November 2009)". Prague Post. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- Green, Peter S. (2003-06-13). "World Briefing | Europe: Czech Republic: Bribery On Jet Deal Alleged". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Group of States Against Corruption publishes report on the Czech Republic". Council of Europe. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Anti-corruption police shelve another case: Tůmová investigation closed despite leaked video showing bribery (July 2011)". The Prague Post. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Playing the corruption game in the Czech Republic (2011)". DW-World.de. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Global Corruption Barometer 2009". Transparency International. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- Glennie, Jonathan; Sedghi, Ami (2010-12-09). "Corruption index: global bribery and corruption worldwide ranked by Transparency International". London: Transparency International, Guardian. Retrieved 2011-09-11.