Criminal Investigation Department (Singapore)
|Criminal Investigation Department|
|Primary governing body||Government of Singapore|
|Secondary governing body||Singapore Police Force|
|Overviewed by||Ministry of Home Affairs (Singapore)|
|Elected officers responsible|
It is led by the Director of CID and assisted by a Deputy Director. CID has a staff of over 500 officers: Senior Officers, Police Officers and Civilian Officers.
The CID conducts inquiries into a variety of criminal offences in Singapore, and is empowered to make arrests. Recent high profile investigations include the death of Shane Todd in 2013. The present director is Tan Chye Hee.
There are a total of 8 divisions in CID, namely:
- Major Crime Division
- Special Investigation Section
- Serious Sexual Crime Branch
- Specialised Crime Division
- Technology Crime Division
- Bomb and Explosive Investigation Division
- Bomb Data Centre
- Explosive Expert Group
- Bomb Investigation Branch
- Bomb Forensic Branch
- Bomb Operations Branch
- Intelligence Division
- Investigation Support and Services Division
- Criminal Records Office
- Forensic Management Branch
- Specialised Interview Branch
- Corporate Services Branch
- Manpower Branch
- Service Quality Branch
- Operations and Investigation Policy Division
- Operations Branch
- Prosecution Branch
- Liaison Branch
- Training Unit
- Research, Planning and Organisational Development Division
- Lim, Joyce (19 Nov 2014). "New chief for Police Criminal Investigation Department". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "About CID". Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Shane Todd inquiry: Seven witnesses lined up for day two of hearing into researcher's death". The Straits Times. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Lee, Amanda (16 January 2014). "Speed of swoop caught alleged kidnappers off guard, say police". MediaCorp Press Ltd. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Spotted: Joanne Peh in uniform". 19 September 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Fang, Joy (3 November 2014). "Human-trafficking law will make police work 'more clear-cut'". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Man nabbed for suspected involvement in loanshark harassment cases". 9 December 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "11 arrested for suspected involvement in unlicensed moneylending syndicate". 10 October 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Kembangan Plaza shop suspected of selling computers with counterfeit software raided". 18 November 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Philomin, Laura (19 November 2014). "Be wary of unintentionally buying counterfeit software, says Microsoft". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Neo, Chai Chin (27 July 2013). "Public servants may face tighter rules on casino visits". MediaCorp Press Ltd. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Sim, Walter. "Police arrest 34-year-old man for making a false bomb threat". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Khan, Safhras (3 September 2013). "Match-fixing trial to resume in October". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "State: Shane Todd's laptop could not have been accessed remotely after his death". Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "'Sufficient forensic evidence' to link senior police officer to double murders". 14 July 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2015.