|Genres||Death metal, blackened death metal, thrash metal|
|Labels||R.E.X., Atomic, Morphine Records, Little Rose Productions|
|Past members||Dave Quast
Crimson Thorn is an American Christian death metal band. According to Allmusic, they are "surely one of the world's most extreme-sounding Christian metal bands". Crimson Thorn has performed at notable events such as Cornerstone Festival and Sonshine Festival. They have also been featured in HM Magazine.
The band was founded in 1991 by members Luke Renno, Dave Quast, Dylan Jenniges, Paul Jongeward and Miles Sunde. They were almost ready to record their first demo when Dylan left, and Luke took his place on the bass. Their demo was entitled The Plagued, and was recorded in 1992 at Blue Moon Studios in Minneapolis.
After Quast left, Kevin Sundberg joined as the new drummer, and their style changed to death metal and grindcore. Crimson Thorn was signed to Atomic Records and released their first full length CD, Unearthed, in 1994. Later, R.E.X. Records re-released Unearthed. Paul Jongeward left the band, and was replaced with Andy Kopesky before the release of Dissection in 1997 on the label Morphine Records. Little Rose Records re-released it in 1999. Purification, was later released after the band built their own studio in the basement of Kevin's home.
Crimson Thorn announced at Cornerstone Festival 2007 that they are currently working on a new album, and expect it to be released in the next few months. They performed three brand new tracks, all of which had a much more melodic feel than their previous works. Despite this, Crimson Thorn assured its fans that the rest of the new album would be much heavier, like their previous works.
- Studio albums
- Plagued (1993)
- Unearthed for Dissection (2005)
- Compilation Appearances
- "Anorexia Spiritual" on A Tribute to Living Sacrifice (2001; originally performed by Living Sacrifice)
- Live in Minneapolis (2005)
- Luke Renno - Bass, (1992-2005) Vocals, Guitars (1991–present)
- Steve Reishus - Drums (2005-present)
- Miles Sunde - Guitars, Backing Vocals (1991–present)
- Dylan Jennigis - Bass (1991-1992)
- Dave Quast - Drums (1991-1993)
- Jeff Anderson - Drums (1993-1994)
- Kevin Sundberg - Drums, Backing Vocals (1994-2005)
- Paul Jongeward - Guitars (1991-1997)
- Andy Kopesky - Guitars, Keyboards (1997-2005)
- Collin Anderson - Keyboards
- Brett Wilson - Bass, Backing Vocals
- Former Live
- Billy Frazer - Drums
- Crimson Thorn - Official MySpace
- Crimson Thorn - Metal Archives
- Krotzer, Bryan (June 2006) Heaven's Metal Exclusive: Crimson Thorn Interview at the Wayback Machine. Heaven's Metal. Retrieved on May 6, 2016.
- Various (2001). "Crimson Thorn interview". Art For The Ears. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|