Criollos de Caguas (baseball)
|Criollos de Caguas|
|League||Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League (LBPPR)|
|Ballpark||Parque Yldefonso Solá Morales|
|League championships||1941, 1974, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1987, 2001, 2011,2013, 2017 as Caguas-Guayama: 1948, 1950, 1954, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1968|
|Caribbean World Series championships||1954, 1974, 1987, 2017|
The Criollos de Caguas (English: Caguas Creoles) are a baseball team in the Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League. Based in the city of Caguas, they have won 17 national titles and four Caribbean World Series, including the 2017 one.
From the mid-1940s until roughly 1970, the team was known as Caguas-Guayama and was jointly based in Caguas and in a nearby city, Guayama.
Puerto Rico Baseball League
On November 18, 2009, the Gigantes defeated the Criollos. After beginning the season with three consecutive losses, the Leones defeated the Criollos to win their first game. On November 22, 2009, the Leones defeated the Criollos by nine runs. On November 29, 2009, the Criollos defeated the Indios in a game that was shortened due to rain. In the first week of December, the team's reinforcement players, Iván Rodríguez, Yonder Alonso, Luis Villareal and Horacio Ramírez began joining the roster. On December 1, 2009, the Criollos traded Héctor Pellot to the Lobos in exchange of Adrián Ortiz, who the team's general manager, Frankie Thon, intended to employ as pinch runner. The team also released Quintin Berry and placed Helder Velázquez and Luis Cruz in the inactive list, opening places for the reinforcement players. On December 1, 2009, the Criollos defeated the Gigantes to win their first home game of the season. Earlier that day, Alex Cora began practicing with the team, seeking a spot in the roster.
- "Espantan la Yegüita" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Carlos González (2009-11-20). "Leones de Ponce libran la ‘coca’" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Salvajes los Leones" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Despertar de los Criollos de Caguas" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Raúl Álzaga (2009-12-01). "Llegan los refuerzos de los Criollos" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Criollos envían a Pellot a los Lobos" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-12-01. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Carlos González (2009-12-02). "Caguas la libra en su casa" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Carlos González (2009-12-02). "Alex Cora entrará muy pronto a juego" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
|This Puerto Rico-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a baseball team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|