|Song by John Lennon|
|from the album Imagine|
|Released||9 September 1971 (US) |
8 October 1971 (UK)
|Recorded||26 May 1971 - 5 July 1971|
|Producer(s)||John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Phil Spector|
Lennon recorded "Crippled Inside" on 26 May 1971 at Ascot Sound Studios, during the sessions for his Imagine album.  Robert Christgau believed its "good-time ricky-tick" rhythm lent the song a "folk-rock in disguise" identity.
The jam band Widespread Panic covered the song a number of times during their Summer 2007 Tour, with the band contributing a version to the benefit album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur.
- John Lennon – vocals, electric guitar
- George Harrison – dobro (Slide Guitar)
- Nicky Hopkins – tack piano
- Ted Turner – acoustic guitar
- Rod Linton – acoustic guitar
- John Tout – piano (incorrectly credited as playing "acoustic guitar")
- Klaus Voormann – upright bass
- Steve Brendell – upright bass
- Alan White – drums
- Madinger, Chip; Raile, Scott (2015). LENNONOLOGY Strange Days Indeed - A Scrapbook Of Madness. Chesterfield, MO: Open Your Books, LLC. p. 239. ISBN 978-1-63110-175-5.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "John Lennon: Imagine". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 0899190251. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Interview with John Tout, May 1998".
|This article about a song by one or more members of the Beatles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|