|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Lakeland, Florida (1989)|
|Headquarters||Lakeland, FL, U.S.|
|Scott M Anderson, CEO|
|Revenue||$13M USD (2008) (est)|
Number of employees
Crispers was founded in South Lakeland, Florida in 1989 by Bill Whitaker and his wife, Vanessa. In 2002 Publix Supermarkets Inc. bought an interest in the company, and Publix bought the entire company in 2007. In 2008, the former CEO of the company was convicted of embezzling more than $400,000 from the company.
On May 10, 2011, Publix announced they had reached an agreement to sell Crispers to Healthy Food Concepts, LLC and the deal was completed in July 2011.
- Michael Sasso, "Publix buys stake in Crispers restaurants", Ocala Star-Banner, August 10, 2002.
- Jaclyn Giovis, "Publix goes shopping: Grocer seeks new locations for its restaurant chain", Sun-Sentinel, October 6, 2007.
- Jason Geary, "Former Crispers CEO Gets 2 Years In Prison", The Ledger, September 26, 2008.
- Arlene Satchell, "Publix to sell Crispers restaurant chain", Sun-Sentinel, May 10, 2011.
- "Locations". crispers.com. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "Call Box: Why don't more businesses post their address?". The Florida Times Union. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2015.