Crispin Porter + Bogusky
This article has an unclear citation style.September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Number of employees
|Parent||Part of MDC Partners|
Crispin Porter + Bogusky (also known as CP+B), a member of publicly traded MDC Partners, is an advertising agency that as of 2005[update] employed around 700 people. It was founded in 1988 by Sam Crispin. Crispin then became partners with Chuck Porter and Alex Bogusky. As of 2016, Porter is the only member still working for CP+B.
The agency is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with additional offices in Coconut Grove, Florida; Los Angeles, California; London, England; São Paulo, Brazil; Gothenburg, Sweden; Stockholm, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark; Hong Kong, China; and Beijing, China.
CP+B Europe opened its doors in June, 2009 after acquiring Swedish agency Daddy, based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Mark Simmons was Managing Director of its Los Angeles office from 2002 to 2004. In July, 2010 CP+B Canada opened after acquiring the Toronto-based agency Zig.
CP+B experienced rapid growth in the late 1990s and early 2000s, achieving notoriety on the strength of work for Burger King, BMW MINI, and anti-smoking campaign TheTruth.com. Sally Hogshead worked for the company at this time, and opened Crispin Porter + Bogusky's Venice, California office. The agency’s current client list includes Domino's Pizza, Infiniti, American Airlines, PayPal, Hotels.com, Hulu, Goose Island Brewery  and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
They are known for using viral marketing techniques, including the Burger King Subservient Chicken and Whopper Sacrifice campaigns. In September 2008 the agency created a television spot for Microsoft featuring Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates that received negative media attention. The 'I'm a PC' campaign that followed fought back against Apple's Mac vs. PC campaign and contributed to Windows 7 becoming the fastest selling version of Windows to date.
In March 2010, Andrew Keller, Rob Reilly and Jeff Benjamin were promoted to chief creative officers. As of August 2017[update] CP+B’s leadership includes: Chuck Porter, chairman; Lori Senecal, Co-Global CEO; Erik Sollenberg, Co-Global CEO; Linus Karlsson, Global Chief Creative Officer; Danielle Aldrich, President of CP+B West, which includes Boulder and LA; Ralph Watson, chief creative officer in Boulder; and Kevin Jones, chief creative officer in Los Angeles.
CP+B has been named "Agency of the Year" 13 times in the trade press. On December 15, 2008, CP+B was named Creativity's agency of the year. They were also named Adweek's 2008 U.S. Agency of the year. In December 2009, CP+B was named Advertising Age Agency of the Decade and Boards magazine's Agency of the Year.
- "Our Partners" MDC Partners Archived 2008-05-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Bosman, Julie (7 November 2005). "Will Size Spoil a Cheeky Ad Agency?" – via NYTimes.com.
- Hoovers profile http://www.hoovers.com/company/Crispin_Porter__Bogusky_LLC/rythjyi-1.html
- Crispin Porter acquires texturemedia http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/06/16/daily42.html
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky Ventures Into Europe https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124467690175504147
- "Crispin Porter Absorbs Canadian Agency Zig".
- Underwood, Ryan (April 2005). "Ruling The Roost". Fast Company. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "On the Spot: Sally Hogshead". Advertising & Branding. ADWEEK. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Hulu Picks Crispin Porter + Bogusky to Run Its Forthcoming Brand Campaign http://www.adweek.com/agencies/hulu-picks-crispin-porter-bogusky-to-run-its-forthcoming-brand-campaign/
- CP+B Wins AB InBev’s Craft Beer Brand Goose Island After a Review http://www.adweek.com/agencyspy/ab-inbevs-goose-island-partners-with-cpb/142691
- "Kraft Shifts Mac N' Cheese to Crispin From DraftFCB".
- Kiley, David (2006-05-22). "The Craziest Ad Guys In America". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "Microsoft debuts Seinfeld and Gates ad on US TV". Brand Republic. September 5, 2008. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- Windows Upgrade Helps Microsoft to a Record Quarter. The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/23/technology/23soft.html?_r=1&src=busln
- People and Accounts of Note, The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/business/media/22adnewsletter3.html
- CP+B Names the Head of Recently Acquired Forsman & Bodenfors as Its New Global CEO http://www.adweek.com/agencies/cpb-names-the-head-of-recently-acquired-forsman-bodenfors-as-its-new-global-ceo, August 23, 2017, Retrieved June 7, 2019
- CP+B Taps Linus Karlsson as Global Chief Creative Officer adage.com/article/agency-news/cp-b-taps-linus-karlsson-global-chief-creative-officer/310618
- Danielle Aldrich Becomes President of CP+B West https://www.shootonline.com/news/danielle-aldrich-becomes-president-cpb-west
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky Taps Ralph Watson for CCO Role in Boulder http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/crispin-porter-bogusky-taps-ralph-watson-cco-role-boulder-157029
- CP+B Promotes Kevin Jones to Chief Creative Officer in Its Los Angeles Office http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/cpb-promotes-kevin-jones-chief-creative-officer-its-los-angeles-office-170225
- "Book of Tens: Agencies of the Decade". Advertising Age. December 2009.
- 2008 Agency of the Year: Crispin Porter + Bogusky Archived 2009-02-04 at the Wayback Machine
- "U.S. AOY: Crispin Porter + Bogusky". Adweek.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2010-07-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)