Crispin Porter + Bogusky
|Headquarters||Boulder, CO, USA|
|Parent||Part of MDC Partners|
Crispin Porter + Bogusky (also known as CP+B), a member of publicly traded MDC Partners, is an advertising agency that currently employs around 700 people. It was founded in 1988 by Sam Crispin. Crispin then became partners with Chuck Porter and Alex Bogusky. As of 2015, Porter is the only member still working for CP+B.
The agency is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with additional offices in Coconut Grove, Florida, Los Angeles, California, London, England, Sao Paolo, Brazil, Gothenberg, Sweden, Copenhagen, Denmark, and Hong Kong, China. CP+B Europe opened its doors in June, 2009 after acquiring Swedish agency Daddy, based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Mark Simmons (author) was Managing Director of its Los Angeles office from 2002 to 2004. In July, 2010 CP+B Canada opened after acquiring the Toronto-based agency Zig.
CP+B experienced rapid growth in the late 1990s and early 2000s, achieving notoriety on the strength of work for Burger King, BMW MINI, and anti-smoking campaign TheTruth.com. Sally Hogshead worked for the company at this time, and opened Crispin Porter + Bogusky's Venice, California office. The agency’s current client list includes Infiniti, American Airlines, PayPal, Hotels.com, Best Buy, Domino's Pizza, and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese,.
They are known for using viral marketing techniques, including the Burger King Subservient Chicken and Whopper Sacrifice campaigns. In September 2008 the agency created a television spot for Microsoft featuring Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates that received negative media attention. The 'I'm a PC' campaign that followed fought back against Apple's Mac vs. PC campaign and contributed to Windows 7 becoming the fastest selling version of Windows to date.
In March 2010, Andrew Keller, Rob Reilly and Jeff Benjamin were promoted to chief creative officers. CP+B’s current leadership includes: Chuck Porter, chairman; Lori Senecal, CEO; Ralph Watson, chief creative officer; Eric Lear, COO; Steve Erich, Group Account Director; Heather Faunce, Group Account Director; Laura Bowles, chief knowledge officer.
CP+B has been named "Agency of the Year" 13 times in the trade press. On December 15, 2008, CP+B was named Creativity's agency of the year. They were also named Adweek's 2008 U.S. Agency of the year. In December 2009, CP+B was named Advertising Age Agency of the Decade and Boards Magazine's Agency of the Year.
- "Our Partners" MDC Partners
- "Will Size Spoil a Cheeky Ad Agency?"
- Hoovers profile http://www.hoovers.com/company/Crispin_Porter__Bogusky_LLC/rythjyi-1.html
- Crispin Porter acquires texturemedia http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/06/16/daily42.html
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky Ventures Into Europe http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124467690175504147.html
- "Crispin Porter Absorbs Canadian Agency Zig"
- Underwood, Ryan (April 2005). "Ruling The Roost". Fast Company. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "On the Spot: Sally Hogshead". Advertising & Branding. ADWEEK. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Kraft Shifts Mac N' Cheese to Crispin From DraftFCB http://adage.com/agencynews/article?article_id=142583
- Kiley, David (2006-05-22). "The Craziest Ad Guys In America". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "Microsoft debuts Seinfeld and Gates ad on US TV". Brand Republic. September 5, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-05.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Windows Upgrade Helps Microsoft to a Record Quarter. New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/23/technology/23soft.html?_r=1&src=busln
- People and Accounts of Note, The New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/business/media/22adnewsletter3.html
- Book of Tens: Agencies of the Decade, Advertising Age, December 2009 http://adage.com/article?article_id=141055
- 2008 Agency of the Year: Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- [U.S. AOY: Crispin Porter + Bogusky http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/special-reports/agency-of-the-year/e3i17e8d113d82a5300eccec3e0ce456ad7]