||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (April 2010)|
|Minister of the Treasury and Public Function|
22 December 2011
|Prime Minister||Mariano Rajoy|
|Preceded by||Elena Salgado|
|Minister of the Treasury|
28 April 2000 – 17 April 2004
|Prime Minister||José María Aznar|
|Preceded by||Rodrigo Rato|
|Succeeded by||Pedro Solbes|
28 July 1950 |
|Political party||People's Party|
|Alma mater||Autonomous University of Madrid|
Cristobal Montoro Romero (born 28 July 1950 in Jaén) is a Spanish People's Party politician. He has been the Minister of the Treasury and Public Administrations of Spain since 22 December 2011. His ministry was re-estructured on 2016 and the competences on Public Administratios were given to the Vicepresident, and now his office is called Minister of the Treasury and Public Function
He was a Member of the European Parliament for the People's Party, part of the European People's Party, and sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. He has represented Madrid in the Spanish Congress since 1993.
He was a substitute for the Committee on Budgets, a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of the Andean Community and a substitute for the Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly.
- 1973: Graduate in Economics from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM)
- 1981: Doctor in economics (UAM)
- 1982-1988: Assistant lecturer in public finance (UAM, 1973–1982) and Deputy professor
- since 1989: Professor of public finance at the University of Cantabria
- Economist and director of studies
- 1996-2000: Member of the Boards of Directors of Telefónica, Iberia, Endesa and SEPI
- since 1999: Member of the National Executive Committee of the PP
- 1993-1996, 2000-2004, 2008-present: Member of the Congress of Deputies.
- 1996-2000: Secretary of State for the Economy
- 1996-2000: Spain's representative to various economic and financial organisations
- 2000-2004: Minister of the Treasury
- 2011-2016: Minister of the Treasury and Public Administrations
- 2016-present: Minister of the Treasury and Public Function
- Grand Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Order of Charles III
- "Cristóbal Montoro, Ministro de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas" [Cristobal Montoro Minister of Finance and Public Administrations] (PDF) (in Spanish). Spanish Official Gazette. 2011-12-22.
- "Biografía de Cristóbal Montoro" [Cristobal Montoro Biography] (in Spanish). Buscabiografías. 2012-03-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cristóbal Montoro.|
- Personal profile of Cristóbal Montoro in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Spanish)
- Biography at Spanish Congress site
|Minister of the Treasury
as Minister of Economy and the Treasury
|Minister of the Treasury and Public Administrations