Ansaldi with Rubin Kazan
|Full name||Cristian Daniel Ansaldi|
|Date of birth||20 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Rosario, Argentina|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Full back|
|2005–2008||Newell's Old Boys||29||(2)|
|2013–2016||Zenit Saint Petersburg||9||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Atlético Madrid (loan)||7||(0)|
|2015–2016||→ Genoa (loan)||24||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2016.
Born in Rosario, Ansaldi started his professional career in 2005 and quickly progressed to become a regular player in the Newell's Old Boys first team. In January 2008, he was sold to Rubin Kazan for €3.6 million, with whom he won the Russian Premier League 2008 and 2009.
On 1 August 2014, he went on loan from Zenit Saint Petersburg to Atlético Madrid for the upcoming La Liga season. Nine days later, his hip collided with the head of teammate Mario Suárez in a friendly at VfL Wolfsburg, causing to the latter a brain injury.
He made his competitive debut in the first leg of the 2014 Supercopa de España on 19 August, a 1–1 draw away to Real Madrid, in which he came on after 64 minutes for fellow debutant Guilherme Siqueira.
He went on loan to Genoa for the 2015–16 season, the loan contract included the buyout option.
On 22 June 2016 the Argentine full back agreed on a contract with Internazionale under the assumption that Genoa will trigger the buyout option in the loan contract, and sell him on to Inter. However, Genoa did not make the payment to FC Zenit St. Petersburg by the deadline of 30 June 2016 and the player rights reverted back to Zenit as his Zenit contract runs until the summer of 2017.
However, Ansaldi still represented Inter Milan against WSG Wattens on 9 July 2016, the first pre-season friendly. He was included in the pre-season tour in the US.
- Scores and results list Argentina's goal tally first.
|1.||12 November 2014||Boleyn Ground, London, England||Croatia||
- Rubin Kazan
- Atlético Madrid
- Zenit Saint Petersburg
- "Acuerdo con el Zenit para la cesión de Ansaldi [Agreement with Zenit for the loan of Ansaldi]" (in Spanish). Atlético Madrid. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Gaughan, Jack (11 August 2014). "Mario Suarez suffers distressing brain injury as Atletico Madrid beat Wolfsburg". Daily Mail. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Spanish Super Copa: Real Madrid and Atletico draw 1-1 in first leg". Sky Sports News. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Ansaldi is coming back to Zenit" (in Russian). Sport Express. 1 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cristian Ansaldi.|
|This biographical article related to an Argentine association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|