|Full name||Cristian Hidalgo González|
|Date of birth||21 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2006–2009||Deportivo La Coruña||56||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 November 2018|
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Cristian was a product of FC Barcelona's youth system. He scored three goals during 2003–04 and four in the following season, while performing as a forward with the B-team. The club's coaches would, however, change his role into one of a winger, and he impressed in this position, ending 2005–06 with 11 third division goals; he also played one official game for the main squad, a Copa del Rey match against Zamora CF.
Cristian signed for Deportivo de La Coruña as a free agent in the 2006–07 campaign, making his La Liga debut on 27 August 2006 as he came from the bench in a 3–2 home win over Real Zaragoza. As a starter, he scored his first top level goal in a 2–0 success against Real Madrid, also at the Estadio Riazor.
In his second year, Cristian netted his second league goal ever, in a 9 December 2007 defeat against his former employers, 1–2 at the Camp Nou. He would only appear in 14 league matches during the season, however.
After featuring even less in 2008–09, Cristian was released and joined Hércules CF in the second division on a three-year deal. He contributed with 23 games and three goals in his debut campaign (but only three starts) as the Alicante side returned to the top flight after 13 years.
29-year-old Cristian moved abroad for the first time ever in 2012–13, splitting the season between Cyprus' and Alki Larnaca FC and Bulgarian club PFC Cherno More Varna. He was drafted by Chennaiyin FC in the second round of the 2014 ISL Inaugural International Draft, scoring his first goal for the club from a free kick against Mumbai City FC where he played in place of injured Elano, and contributing to a 3–0 away win.
|Alki Larnaca||2012–13||Cypriot First Division||10||1||0||0||—||10||1|
|Cherno More||2012–13||First Professional League||14||1||0||0||—||14||1|
|Bnei Sakhnin||2013–14||Israeli Premier League||26||1||1||0||—||27||1|
|Chennaiyin||2014||Indian Super League||7||1||—||—||7||1|
- Appearances in UEFA Europa League
- "Debe ser el número 23" [Must be number 23] (in Spanish). ESPN Deportes. 18 November 2006. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "El Depor cierra el fichaje de Cristian Hidalgo" [Depor complete signing of Cristian Hidalgo] (in Spanish). UEFA. 28 June 2006. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "El Barcelona encarrila los cuartos en Zamora" [Barcelona all but qualified to last-eight in Zamora]. El Mundo (in Spanish). 3 January 2006. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Two more signings at Deportivo". UEFA. 28 June 2006. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Deportivo La Coruña 3–2 Real Zaragoza". ESPN Soccernet. 27 August 2006. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Deportivo La Coruña 2–0 Real Madrid". ESPN Soccernet. 7 January 2007. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Barça dig deep to see off Depor". UEFA. 9 December 2007. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "El agente de Cristian dice que el futbolista irá "a donde juegue"" [Cristian's agent says the footballer will go to "where he plays"]. La Información (in Spanish). 17 July 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Cristian ficha por tres años" [Cristian signs for three years]. Diario Información (in Spanish). 20 July 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "'Real' goleada del Hércules en el Rico Pérez" ['Royal' ("Real" in English, pun on opposition's name) Hércules routing at the Rico Pérez]. Marca. 1 November 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Un gol afortunado de Rodríguez da los tres puntos al Hércules" [Lucky Rodríguez goal gives three points to Hércules]. Marca. 2 January 2010. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Una espectacular 'manita' para recuperar el tercer puesto y volver al ascenso" [Spectacular 'fiver' to regain third place and return to promotion]. Marca. 30 May 2010. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "El Elche ficha a Cristian, exjugador del Hércules en paro" [Elche sign unemployed Cristian, formerly with Hércules]. Diario Información (in Spanish). 14 March 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "El Hércules se ahorra un millón con el despido de Rufete, Del Olmo y Cristian" [Hércules save one million with sacking of Rufete, Del Olmo and Cristian]. Las Provincias (in Spanish). 20 October 2011. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "El Eldense muestra interés por el exbarcelonista Cristian Hidalgo" [Eldense show interest in former Barcelona man Cristian Hidalgo]. Diario Información (in Spanish). 3 July 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "ISL – Round 2". Facebook. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Chennaiyin FC come good without key players". Indian Super League. 23 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Cristian Hidalgo ficha por el Mogreb Atlético de Tetuán" [Cristian Hidalgo signs for Mogreb Atlético de Tetuán]. Marca. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Cristian: Cristian Hidalgo González". BDFutbol. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Cristian". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 November 2014.