Cyborg in April 2018
|Born||Cristiane Justino Venâncio|
July 9, 1985
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||144.6 lb (65.6 kg; 10.33 st)|
|Reach||68 in (173 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling|
|Fighting out of||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Team||Chute Boxe Academy|
The Arena MMA
RVCA Training Centre
|Rank||Black belt in Muay Thai under Rafael Cordeiro |
Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under André Galvão
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: March 27, 2014
Cristiane Justino Venâncio (born July 9, 1985), known professionally by her ring name Cris Cyborg (and formerly by her married name Cristiane Santos), is a Brazilian-American mixed martial artist currently signed to Bellator MMA, competing in the Women's Featherweight division. where she is the current Bellator Women's Featherweight World Champion. She is also a former UFC, Strikeforce and Invicta FC World Featherweight Champion. She is the only MMA fighter in history, male or female, to become a Grand Slam Champion, holding world championships across four major mixed martial arts promotions. Cyborg first rose to prominence when she won the Strikeforce title on August 15, 2009, by defeating Gina Carano via first-round technical knock-out (TKO).
- 1 Early life
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Mixed martial arts record
- 6 Muay Thai record
- 7 Grappling record
- 8 Pay-per-view bouts
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Mixed martial arts career
She was scheduled to face Dutch submission specialist Marloes Coenen at XMMA 7 on February 27, 2009, but backed out of the fight after signing a new contract with Strikeforce. Cyborg earned a BJJ Purple Belt under her jiu-jitsu instructor Cristiano Marcello in 2009.
She later signed to fight for Strikeforce, which greatly increased the chance that a fight with Gina Carano would take place. In her Strikeforce debut, she faced Hitomi Akano on April 11, 2009, at Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz. Cyborg came in six pounds overweight for the fight. Akano originally rejected the fight due to Cyborg failing to make weight but later accepted the fight. She defeated Akano by TKO in the third round.
Before the fight with Carano, Cyborg was interviewed by mmaworldwide.com's reporter Aaron Tru. When asked how long it would take to submit Carano with a choke hold, she choked him.
She fought Gina Carano on August 15, 2009, at Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg for the Women's Featherweight Championship. Cyborg won via TKO at 4:59 of the 5:00 first round. The card was the first time that a major promotion had featured a main event between women. After the match, she hugged Carano, and stated in her interview that she had the utmost respect for Carano, and that it was an honor to fight her.
Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated that the next challenger for Cyborg would most likely be Erin Toughill. However, Toughill later announced her intentions to leave Strikeforce and plans for the fight were cancelled.
On April 7, 2010, Coker stated that Cyborg would fight again in June. She faced Jan Finney at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum and won the fight via KO in the second round. Her contract with Strikeforce expired on June 26, 2011. She renewed her Strikeforce contract on August 25, 2011.
Doping violations and suspension
On September 23, 2011, Cyborg announced that she would return to the promotion to face Hiroko Yamanaka. The fight took place at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal on December 17, 2011. She won via TKO just sixteen seconds into the first round; however, on January 6, 2012, it was announced that Cyborg had tested positive for stanozolol, an anabolic steroid. As a result of the banned substance, the fight's result was changed to a no contest. Cyborg had her license suspended for one year and was fined $2,500.
Invicta Fighting Championships
On February 15, 2013, a month after Strikeforce folded, Cyborg signed a multi-fight deal with Invicta Fighting Championships. She was scheduled to make her debut on April 5 at Invicta FC 5: Penne vs. Waterson against Ediane Gomes to determine who would move on to face Marloes Coenen. However, Gomes suffered an injury and Cyborg instead faced Fiona Muxlow. Cyborg was successful in her return, winning the bout via TKO in the first round.
Cyborg faced Marloes Coenen in a rematch for the inaugural Invicta FC Featherweight Championship at Invicta FC 6: Coenen vs. Cyborg on July 13, 2013. She defeated Coenen by TKO in the fourth round to become the first Invicta FC featherweight champion.
She returned to Muay Thai to face Jennifer Colomb at Lion Fight 11 in Las Vegas on September 20, 2013, defeating the previously undefeated Frenchwoman by TKO in round three. She had initially been set to fight Martina Jindrova but Jindrova withdrew with injury.
She lost a five-round unanimous decision against Jorina Baars in a fight for the inaugural Lion Fight Women's Welterweight Championship in the co-main event of Lion Fight 14 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on March 28, 2014. Baars officially knocked down Cyborg in the first round with a head kick and in the fifth round with a spinning heel kick, although referee Tony Weeks missed at least two other occasions throughout the fight where a knockdown could have been issued. Cyborg hit the canvas from a front kick in one occasion and from a knee on another, both times they were ruled slips by the referee.
In February 2015, Cyborg returned to MMA to defend her Invicta Featherweight title against Charmaine Tweet in the main event at Invicta FC 11. She successfully defended her title, winning the fight via TKO in just under a minute in the first round.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
In March 2015, it was announced that Cyborg had signed with the UFC. Cyborg made her promotional debut at UFC 198 against Leslie Smith at a catchweight of 140 pounds. She won the fight by TKO in the first round.
Cyborg faced promotional newcomer Lina Länsberg in a catchweight (140 lb) bout on September 24, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 95. The referee stopped the fight midway through the second round after Länsberg could not effectively defend herself.
In December 2016 UFC was notified of a potential USADA doping violation by Cyborg. Cyborg's team immediately responded that it was in regards to a substance that helped her recover from her weight cut. On February 17, 2017, Cyborg was granted a retroactive therapeutic use exemption (TUE). Therefore, her suspension was lifted, and she was immediately eligible to compete.
In March 2017 Cyborg vacated her Invicta featherweight title and called out Germaine de Randamie for the belt targeting UFC 214 in Anaheim, California. The match fell apart since Germaine de Randamie refused to fight, stating that Cyborg was a proven drug cheater and she was willing to get stripped of the belt for not fighting Cyborg. De Randamie was stripped of her belt on June 19, 2017, by UFC and Cyborg was expected to face Megan Anderson to fight for the vacated UFC Women's Featherweight Championship at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, California. On June 27, Anderson pulled out of the fight due to personal reasons and was replaced by current Invicta FC Bantamweight Champion Tonya Evinger. Cyborg won by TKO in the third round to claim her first UFC championship.
In the first defense of her title and the first fight of her new four-fight contract, Cyborg faced Holly Holm on December 30, 2017, in the main event at UFC 219. She won the fight via unanimous decision. This win also earned her her first Fight of the Night bonus.
Cyborg faced former Invicta bantamweight champion, Yana Kunitskaya, on March 3, 2018, at UFC 222 for her second featherweight title defense. Cyborg won the fight by TKO in the first round. After the win, she gave out 222 burgers to Los Angeles' homeless, as her way of celebration.
Cyborg faced the reigning UFC Women's bantamweight champion, Amanda Nunes, for the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship on December 29, 2018, at UFC 232. Nunes defeated Cyborg by knockout early in the first round, handing her the first knockout loss in her MMA career.
Following the fight against Spencer, which was the last fight on her contract, UFC president Dana White announced that the UFC would not negotiate a new contract with Cyborg, and they would waive her three-month exclusive negotiating period. This allowed her to immediately begin negotiations with other organizations.
Cyborg faced Julia Budd for the Bellator Women's Featherweight Championship on Saturday, January 25, 2020 in Inglewood, California Bellator 238. She won the fight via technical knockout in round four.
Cyborg was married to MMA fighter Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos, and "adopted" his nickname. The couple split in December 2011. She has been a naturalized U.S. citizen since 2016. Cyborg announced her engagement to long time boyfriend, trainer and ex MMA athlete Ray Elbe in 2017.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|25 matches||22 wins||2 losses|
|Win||22–2 (1)||Julia Budd||TKO (punches)||Bellator 238||January 25, 2020||4||1:14||Inglewood, California, United States||Won the Bellator Women's Featherweight World Championship.|
|Win||21–2 (1)||Felicia Spencer||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 240||July 27, 2019||3||5:00||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Loss||20–2 (1)||Amanda Nunes||KO (punch)||UFC 232||December 29, 2018||1||0:51||Inglewood, California, United States||Lost the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||20–1 (1)||Yana Kunitskaya||TKO (punches)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||1||3:25||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Defended the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||19–1 (1)||Holly Holm||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 219||December 30, 2017||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Defended the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||18–1 (1)||Tonya Evinger||TKO (knees)||UFC 214||July 29, 2017||3||1:56||Anaheim, California, United States||Won the vacant UFC Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||17–1 (1)||Lina Länsberg||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg||September 24, 2016||2||2:29||Brasília, Brazil||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Win||16–1 (1)||Leslie Smith||TKO (punches)||UFC 198||May 14, 2016||1||1:21||Curitiba, Brazil||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Win||15–1 (1)||Daria Ibragimova||KO (punches)||Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova||January 16, 2016||1||4:58||Costa Mesa, California, United States||Defended the Invicta FC Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||14–1 (1)||Faith Van Duin||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||Invicta FC 13: Cyborg vs. Van Duin||July 9, 2015||1||0:45||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Defended the Invicta FC Featherweight Championship. Performance of the Night.|
|Win||13–1 (1)||Charmaine Tweet||TKO (punches)||Invicta FC 11: Cyborg vs. Tweet||February 27, 2015||1||0:46||Los Angeles, California, United States||Defended the Invicta FC Featherweight Championship. Performance of the Night.|
|Win||12–1 (1)||Marloes Coenen||TKO (punches and elbows)||Invicta FC 6: Coenen vs. Cyborg||July 13, 2013||4||4:10||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Won the inaugural Invicta FC Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||11–1 (1)||Fiona Muxlow||TKO (knees and punches)||Invicta FC 5: Penne vs. Waterson||April 5, 2013||1||3:46||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Invicta FC Featherweight title eliminator.|
|NC||10–1 (1)||Hiroko Yamanaka||NC (overturned)||Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal||December 17, 2011||1||0:16||San Diego, California, United States||For the Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Championship. Originally a TKO (punches) win for Cyborg; overturned and subsuquently stripped of the championship after testing positive for stanozolol.|
|Win||10–1||Jan Finney||TKO (knee to the body)||Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum||June 26, 2010||2||2:56||San Jose, California, United States||Defended the Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||9–1||Marloes Coenen||TKO (punches)||Strikeforce: Miami||January 30, 2010||3||3:40||Sunrise, Florida, United States||Defended the Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||8–1||Gina Carano||TKO (punches)||Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg||August 15, 2009||1||4:59||San Jose, California, United States||Won the inaugural Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||7–1||Hitomi Akano||TKO (punches)||Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz||April 11, 2009||3||0:35||San Jose, California, United States||Catchweight (150 lbs) bout; Cyborg missed weight.|
|Win||6–1||Yoko Takahashi||Decision (unanimous)||EliteXC: Heat||October 4, 2008||3||3:00||Sunrise, Florida, United States||Catchweight (150 lbs) bout.|
|Win||5–1||Shayna Baszler||TKO (punches)||EliteXC: Unfinished Business||July 26, 2008||2||2:48||Stockton, California, United States||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Win||4–1||Marise Vitoria||TKO (stomps)||Storm Samurai 12||November 25, 2006||1||1:27||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||3–1||Elaine Santiago||TKO (corner stoppage)||Storm Samurai 11||May 21, 2006||1||2:46||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||2–1||Chris Schroeder||TKO (punches)||Storm Samurai 10||January 28, 2006||1||N/A||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||1–1||Vanessa Porto||Decision (unanimous)||Storm Samurai 9||November 20, 2005||3||5:00||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Loss||0–1||Erica Paes||Submission (kneebar)||Show Fight 2||May 17, 2005||1||1:46||Curitiba, Brazil|
Muay Thai record
|2 Wins (1 KO, 1 TKO), 1 Loss, 0 Draws|
|Loss||2-1||Jorina Baars||UD||Lion Fight 14||March 28, 2014||5||3:00||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|For inaugural Lion Fight Muay Thai Women's World Welterweight Championship.|
|Win||2-0||Jennifer Colomb||TKO||Lion Fight 11||September 20, 2013||3||0:54||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Win||1-0||Edna Gloria||KO||Estimulo de Muay Thai||October 21, 2006||1||1:30||Curitiba, Paraná|
|8 Matches, 7 Wins (1 Submission), 1 Loss|
|Win||7-1||Venla Luukkonen||Points (11-0)||IBJJF World Championships
|+74kg||Gi||June 1, 2012||Long Beach, CA|
|Win||6-1||Hillary VanOrnum||Points (4-0)|
|Win||5-1||Maia Matalon||Submission (armbar)|
|Win||4-1||Amanda Lucas||Points (8-0)||IBJJF World Championships
|+74kg||Gi||June 3, 2011||Long Beach, CA|
|Win||3-1||Sarah Draht||Points (16-0)|
|Win||2-1||Rosangela Conceicao||Referee Decision||ADCC World Championships||+60kg||Nogi||September 27, 2009||Barcelona|
|Loss||1-1||Penny Thomas||Negative Points (-2 -1)|
|Win||1-0||Ida Hansson||Points (10-0)||September 26, 2009|
|1.||UFC 219||Cyborg vs. Holm||December 30, 2017||T-Mobile Arena||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.||380,000|
|2.||UFC 222||Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya||March 3, 2018||T-Mobile Arena||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.||260,000|
- UOL Esportes (December 13, 2016). "Cris Cyborg se naturaliza cidadã americana, veja". UOL Esportes (in Portuguese). Brazil: UOL Esportes. Archived from the original on December 16, 2016. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
Cris 'Cyborg' is the newest American citizen. After fulfilling all the requirements demanded by the U.S. government last August, including evidence of general, historical and English knowledge, the Curitiban became naturalized and guaranteed dual citizenship. Through a video posted live on her Facebook account, Cyborg released the exact moment she received the certificate of American citizenship. Now, the Curitiban will enter with two flags inside the cages of MMA: the one of Brazil and the one of the U.S.
- "Invicta FC 13 weigh-in video". MMFighting.com. 2015-07-08. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- "Cris Cyborg – Official UFC Fighter Profile". ufc.com. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "12 Questions for Cris 'Cyborg' Santos". Sherdog.com. 2010-01-28. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Fight profile". criscyborg.com. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "Cris Cyborg – Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Archived from the original on June 4, 2016. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- "Former UFC, Strikeforce champion Cris Cyborg signs with Bellator". MMA Junkie. 2019-09-03. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Cris Cyborg vacates Invicta featherweight title, calls out Germaine de Randamie for UFC 214". mmafighting.com.
- "Cyborg Justino vacates title, challenges UFC champ Germaine de Randamie". mmafighting.com.
- "Cristiane Santos Becomes First Strikeforce Women's Champion". WorldExtremeFighter.com. Archived from the original on August 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Strikeforce (2010-07-28). "Official Strikeforce Champions list". Strikeforce.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Unified Mixed Martial Arts Rules". state.nj.us. Archived from the original on April 3, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Cyborg, Carano on collision course". Yahoo!Sports. Retrieved 2009-04-09.
- "Ladies To Take CBS-EliteXC Stage". Sherdog.com, by Jordan Breen. Archived from the original on July 10, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "'Ruthless' Retains". Sherdog.com. 2008-07-27. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "'Cyborg' Stays on Track for Carano Showdown; Heun Stops Berto in EliteXC Prelims". Sherdog.com. 2008-10-05. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "'Cyborg' Signs with Strikeforce; Carano in Talks". Sherdog.com, by Loretta Hunt. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "'Cyborg' Still A Work In Progress". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "DETAILS OF THE CYBORG VS AKANO CONTROVERSY". MMAWeekly.com. 2009-04-19. Retrieved 2015-08-07.
- "Diaz Dominates". Sherdog.com. 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "Female MMA Fighter (Cris Cyborg) Chokes out Reporter During Interview".
- "'Cyborg' Finishes Carano in First Round". Sherdog.com. 2009-08-16. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "Cyborg vs Coenen Likely To Headline In January". MMARising.com. Retrieved November 26, 2009.
- "'Cyborg' Santos dominates Coenen to keep belt". YAHOO! Sports. 2010-01-30. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- "After title defense, Strikeforce champ Cris "Cyborg" Santos likely to get Erin Toughill next". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "Toughill Announces Plans To Leave Strikeforce". MMARising.com. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Likely To Fight In June". MMARising.com. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "Cris Cyborg vs Jan Finney Planned For June 26th". MMARising.com. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Strikeforce: "Fedor vs Werdum" Live Results". MMARising.com. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
- "Cris Cyborg To Face Hiroko Yamanaka In Strikeforce Return". MMARising.com. 2011-09-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "CSAC: Strikeforce champ Cris 'Cyborg' Santos tests positive for anabolic steroid". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- "CRIS CYBORG SIGNS MULTI-FIGHT DEAL WITH INVICTA FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS". InvictaFC.com. 2013-02-15. Archived from the original on 2013-02-19. Retrieved 2013-02-20.
- "Sources: Ediane Gomes injured, Invicta FC 5 fight with 'Cyborg' off". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-03-19. Archived from the original on 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Faces Fiona Muxlow At Invicta FC 5". MMARising.com. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "'Cyborg' Savages Muxlow, 'Karate Hottie' Crowned Via Dramatic Submission at Invicta FC 5". Sherdog.com. 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Invicta FC 5 Results: Michelle Waterson, Barb Honchak Win Titles". MMARising.com. 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Marloes Coenen vs. Cristiane 'Cyborg' title rematch will headline Invicta FC 6". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-04-08. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Carla Esparza to Defend Belt at Invicta FC 6 in July; Bec Hyatt Also Returns". MMAWeekly.com. 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- "Invicta FC 6 Results: Cris Cyborg Wins Featherweight Title". MMARising.com. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Invicta FC 6 results: Cris 'Cyborg' claims featherweight belt with TKO win". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-07-13. Archived from the original on July 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Jennifer Colomb to Now Fight Cris Cyborg at Lion Fight 11
- Lion Fight 11 Results: Cyborg Crushes, Yamato and Ross Wow, Nampon Blahs.
- Lion Fight 11 Results and Recap: Yamato and Ross put on a show in co-main event, Cris Cyborg dominates Archived 2014-07-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Cris 'Cyborg' Justino vs. Martina Jindrova Added to Lion Fight 11 Card
- Cris "Cyborg" Justino vs. Martina Jindrova official for Lion Fight 11 Archived 2013-08-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Holland, Jesse (2013-12-18). "Cris Cyborg loses Muay Thai fight to Jorina Baars at Lion Fight 14 on March 28 in Las Vegas". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- Lion Fight 14 Live Results Archived October 26, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Lion Fight 14 Results and Recap Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Jorina Baars Dethrones Cris Cyborg at Lion Fight 14
- Tatum, Rob. "Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet, Grasso Stifles Inoue". CombatPress.com.
- Menon, Ratish. "Cris Cyborg signs with the UFC, still expected to headline Invicta FC 13". sportskeeda.com.
- Mudford, Ethan. "Cyborg to defend her title against Van Duin". mmalatestnews.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-10. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- Cepeda, Elias. "Cris 'Cyborg' Justino signed to UFC; path clear to Rousey fight?". foxsports.com.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-05-14). "UFC 198 results: Cristiane Justino makes quick work of Leslie Smith". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Staff (2016-08-03). "Cris 'Cyborg' vs. Lina Lansberg targeted for UFC Fight Night 95, Barao to meet Nover". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-09-25). "UFC Fight Night 95 results: Cristiane 'Cyborg' makes easy work of Lina Lansberg for TKO". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "UFC Statement on Cris Cyborg". UFC.com. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-12-22). "Cris Cyborg talks USADA notification: 'I'm on medical treatment'". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Raimondi, Marc (2017-02-17). "Cris Cyborg granted retroactive TUE, cleared of potential anti-doping violation". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "Germaine de Randamie refuses to fight Cris Cyborg, willing to let UFC strip title | BJPenn.com". | BJPenn.com. 2017-05-27. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "UFC: Yes, Germaine de Randamie stripped of belt due to 'unwillingness' to fight 'Cyborg'". MMAjunkie. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "UFC: De Randamie Stripped Of Featherweight Title, Cyborg To Face Anderson For Vacant Belt At UFC 214". Punditarena. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "UFC: Germaine de Randamie stripped, Cyborg vs Megan Anderson for vacant title". Fox Sports. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Cyborg to face Evinger as Anderson withdraws". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "UFC 214 results: 'Cyborg' Justino TKOs Tonya Evinger to win women's featherweight title". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-30. Retrieved 2017-07-31.
- "'Cyborg' vs. Holm set for UFC 219 in Las Vegas". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "UFC 219 results, highlights: Cris Cyborg outduels Holly Holm to retain title". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- "UFC 219 bonuses: Cris Cyborg, Holly Holm net $50,000 each for five-round title fight". MMAjunkie. 2017-12-31. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- Ken Pishna (May 6, 2018). "Cris Cyborg Has Two UFC Fights Left, Then Plans to Dive into Boxing". mmaweekly.com.
- "Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya, Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega scheduled for UFC 222". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Cyborg runs through Kunitskaya in quick TKO". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship, UFC 232 Countdown: Cyborg vs Nunes, retrieved 2018-12-25
- "Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes champion-vs.-champion fight set for UFC 232". MMAjunkie. 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Nunes knocks out Cyborg in 51 seconds for title". ESPN.com. December 29, 2018. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- Adam Guillen Jr. (2019-05-29). "Cris Cyborg vs Felicia Spencer set as UFC 240 co-main event on July 27 in Edmonton". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- Evanoff, Josh (2019-07-28). "UFC 240 Results: Cris Cyborg Defeats Tough Felicia Spencer". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "UFC president Dana White plans to cut ties with Cris Cyborg: 'We're out of the Cyborg business'". CBSSports.com.
- Marrocco, Steven (2019-09-27). "As expected, Bellator books Cris Cyborg versus champ Julia Budd". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- "Twitter reacts to Cris Cyborg's title-winning TKO of Julia Budd at Bellator 238". MMA Junkie. 2020-01-26. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- "12 Questions for Cris Cyborg Santos". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- "Cyborg No More – Cristiane Santos And Evangelista Santos Divorced". CageJunkies.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- Mike Bohn (July 28, 2019). "UFC 240 post-event facts: Max Holloway makes more history". mmajunkie.com.
- Robert Sargent (February 28, 2015). "Invicta FC 11 Bonuses: Grasso-Inoue Named Fight Of The Night". MMARising.com.
- "Invicta FC 13 Bonus Report: Cyborg Snags Extra Cash For Her 45 Sec TKO". BJPenn.com. July 10, 2015.
- Mitchell, Rew (2014-01-09). "WMMA 2013 Awards". Awakening Fighters. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- DNA, MMA. "MMA DNA UFC Awards 2016 : De Uitslagen!!!". Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Awakening Muay Thai Awards 2014". Awakening Fighters. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Sherdog.com. "Cristiane". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
|Awards and achievements|
|New championship|| 1st Strikeforce Featherweight Champion
August 15, 2009 – January 6, 2012
|New championship|| 1st Invicta FC Featherweight Champion
July 13, 2013 – March 24, 2017
Title last held byGermaine de Randamie
| 2nd UFC Featherweight Champion
July 29, 2017 – December 29, 2018