|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, novelist|
|Years active||1982 - present|
Cristina Comencini (Italian: [krisˈtiːna komenˈtʃiːni]; born 8 May 1956) is an Italian film director, screenwriter and novelist.
Cristina Comencini's 2005 film The Beast in the Heart, based on her own novel La bestia nel cuore, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. Her upcoming film When the Night, also based on her own novel and published in the United States by Other Press, is scheduled to compete in competition at the 68th Venice International Film Festival in September.
- Zoo, 1989
- La fine è nota, 1993
- Va' dove ti porta il cuore, 1996
- Matrimoni, 1998
- Liberate i pesci!, 2000
- The Best Day of My Life (Il più bel giorno della mia vita), 2002
- La mia mano destra, 2005
- The Beast in the Heart (La bestia nel cuore), 2005
- Black and White, 2008
- Due partite, 2009
- When the Night (Quando la notte), 2011
- Latin Lover, 2015
Books in Translation
- A.http://www.franceculture.com/emission-a-plus-d-un-titre-litterature-cristina-comencini-essais-jerome-thomas-2011-03-10.html. B.http://www.africultures.com/php/index.php?nav=personne&no=14299.
- "Venezia 68: International competition of feature films". Venice. Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-07-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cristina Comencini.|
- Cristina Comencini on IMDb
- Official Website (Italian)
- Speciale Cristina Comencini su Locanda Almayer
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Italian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|