November 8, 1992 |
|Height||1.55 m (5 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||53 kg (117 lb)|
|Coached by||Serghei Cretu|
Iovu was disqualified from the 2013 World Weightlifting Championships after testing positive in competition for Oxandrolone and was sanctioned by the International Weightlifting Federation from 19 June 2013 to 19 June 2015. The Azerbaijani team was forced to pay $500,000 to the International Weightlifting Federation as multiple tests were positive for prohibited substances from the world anti-doping agency list.
In the 2016 European Championships Iovu represented the third country in her career - Romania.
On July 27, 2016 the International Weightlifting Federation announced that Iovu failed her re-tested 2012 Olympics sample. She tested positive for Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (S1.1 Anabolic agents). In November 2016, she was stripped of her 2012 Olympic medal. She is facing another suspension, and did not take part in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Russian wins bronze in European Weightlifting Championships
- "Cristina Iovu". www.london2012.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Sanctioned athletes 2013". www.iwf.netm. Archived from the original on March 27, 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "IWF Executive Board sanctions Federation of Azerbaijan for multiple doping cases". www.iwf.netm. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "London 2012: Yuliya Zaripova among 12 disqualified after retests". bbc.com. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.