Critical Reviews in Microbiology
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Crit Rev Microbiol|
|Edited by||Gordon Ramage, PhD|
Critical Reviews in Microbiology is an international, peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes comprehensive review articles covering all areas of medical microbiology. Areas covered by the journal include bacteriology, virology, microbial genetics, epidemiology, and diagnostic microbiology. It is published by Taylor and Francis Group.
Core Research Areas
Expert reviewers address the following disciplines:
- Molecular biology
- Microbial genetics
- Microbial physiology
- Microbial biochemistry
- Microbial structure
- Medical microbiology
- Public health
- Diagnostic microbiology
Malcolm Richardson, Ph.D., was appointed Editor-in-Chief of Critical Reviews in Microbiology in November 2008. Dr. Richardson is currently Associate Professor in Medical Mycology at the Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland although, in 2009, he will take up a new post as director of the regional mycology laboratory at the University of Manchester.
Critical Reviews in Microbiology publishes 4 issues per year in simultaneous print and online editions.
Subscribers to the electronic edition of Critical Reviews in Microbiology receive access to the online archive, which dates back to 1971, as part of their subscription.
-  Taylor and Francis Group is the leading international provider of specialist information and services for the academic and scientific, professional and commercial business communities.
- "New Editor For Critical Reviews In Microbiology". medicalnewstoday.com. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Haartman Institute". hi.helsinki.fi. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- Tobin, Lucy (2009-02-03). "Musical chairs: Who's moving where in higher education". guardian.co.uk. London. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Informa Pharmaceutical Science brochure". http://www.tandfonline.com/imby. Retrieved 2009-03-10. External link in