Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program
|Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program|
Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program logo
|Names||Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program|
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program (CCEMTP) is an educational program developed and service marked by University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). This program is designed for paramedics and registered nurses who perform interfacility critical care transports. Recommended prerequisites are experience as paramedic or nurse for one year and appropriate certifications. The CCEMTP is held at UMBC or through participating sites licensed through UMBC. Participants who successfully complete the CCEMTP, if recognized by their state and local EMS authorities, have an expanded scope of practice. The CCEMTP program is designed to provide a concentrated introduction to those concepts in a format which is readily accessible by practicing providers.
- Critical Care Environment
- Breathing Management
- Surgical Airway Management
- Hemodynamic Management
- Cardiac Management
- Pharmacological Management
- GI, GU and Renal Management
- Neurological Management
- Complications of Transport
- Special Considerations
The program includes instruction in all common aspects of critical care assessment and management including advanced airway assessment, pathophysiology, pharmacology, advanced electrocardiography interpretation, interpretation of laboratory values and diagnostic x-ray images, mechanical ventilator management, aortic balloon pump management, and air medical concepts. The program may also incorporate clinical rotations to allow for hands-on practice of the skills presented throughout the course.
- "CCEMTP℠ Homepage". ehspace.umbc.edu. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Resources for Flight and Critical Care Paramedics - IAFCCP". www.iafccp.org. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "CCEMTP — Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program". Center for Emergency Medicine of Western Pennsylvania,Inc. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Course Information" (PDF). UMBC Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education. University of Maryland, Baltimore County. February 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "CareFlite-UMBC CCEMTP Course". www.careflite.org. Retrieved 2017-10-23.