Critical Condition (film)
|This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (May 2015)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Apted|
|Produced by||Ted Field
Robert W. Cort
|Screenplay by||Denis Hamill
|Story by||Denis Hamill
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Cinematography||Ralf D. Bode|
|Edited by||Robert K. Lambert|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2015)|
Kevin Lenahan (Pryor) is a con man who is framed in a jewel robbery. In order to escape custody, he fakes insanity, then poses as surgeon Dr. Slattery at a local hospital when he switches places with the administrator Arthur Chambers (Joe Mantegna). During a flood and a power outage that follows, Kevin takes charge of the hospital and tries to maintain some order in his unorthodox way.
Actor Wesley Snipes has a small role as an ambulance driver.
Randall "Tex" Cobb guest stars playing Richard Pryor's insane friend Box.
Full House and Out of Control star Dave Coulier actually performed all of the automated dialog replacement (ADR, or voice-overs) for Richard Pryor's scenes, as Pryor refused to do them himself.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)|
- Richard Pryor as Kevin Lenahan / Dr. Slattery
- Rachel Ticotin as Rachel
- Ruben Blades as Louis
- Joe Mantegna as Chambers
- Bob Dishy as Dr. Foster
- Sylvia Miles as Nurse Maggie
- Randall "Tex" Cobb as Box
- Bob Saget as Dr. Joffe
- Jon Polito as Kline
- Garrett Morris as Helicopter Junkie
- "FILM: RICHARD PRYOR IN 'CRITICAL CONDITION'". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Movie Review : Pryor Fine, 'Condition' Weakening". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Pryor Can`t Save `Critical Condition". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Richard Pryor`s Bedside Manner Hands Out Overdose Of Sugar Pills". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Movies". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "'Platoon' and 'Critical' Lead Box-Office Sales". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- Critical Condition at the Internet Movie Database
- Critical Condition at Rotten Tomatoes
- Critical Condition at Box Office Mojo
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|