Critical Times – Fishbone's Hen House Sessions
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The film centers primarily on the creation, mutation and recording of the songs in the studio - giving a privileged viewpoint as if one were a member of the band. Some members Fishbone felt that they were at a critical moment in the band's history, and that the sessions could lead to a mainstream breakthrough or a total breakdown. The seamless blend of multi-angle cinéma vérité and time lapse photography turns day to night and back again as the band pleads, cajoles, argues and uses every trick in the book to bring their music alive. Critical Times also delves into personal lives, politics, factions in the band and competing musical styles.
- "Frayed Fucking Nerve Endings"
- "Last Dayz, Critical Times"
- "Demon in Here"
- "Skank N' Go Nutts" (alternate cut)
- Angelo Moore - saxophone, vocals
- Walter A. Kibby II - trumpet, vocals
- Spacey T - guitar
- John McKnight - keyboards, trombone, guitar
- John Norwood Fisher - bass, vocals
- John Steward - drums
- Palermo, Mark (8 December 2004). "Review". Rotten Tomatoes News. Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
The music is extraordinary, but Critical Times excels as cinema in its authentic feel for the joy and struggle of collaborative art.
- Deming, Mark. "Movie Details". MTV Movie Database. MTV. Retrieved 31 March 2011.