Croatia–Indonesia relations was officially established on September 2, 1992. Croatia sees Indonesia as one of the largest and the most influential nation in ASEAN, and recognized its potential as the gate to enter ASEAN markets. Vice versa, Indonesia also recognizes Croatian potential as a strategic gate to penetrate Balkans and European Union market. Croatia has an embassy in Jakarta, while Indonesian embassy in Zagreb was established in 2010.
Croatia seeks to access ASEAN Economic Community in 2015 through its relations with Indonesia. On the other hand, Indonesia sees Croatia as a potential port to enter Balkans region as well as Central European Union market, especially since Croatia has joined the EU in July 2013. The bilateral trade volume in 2011 reached US$67.1 million, and decreased in 2012 to US$30.17 million figures. On bilateral trade balance, Indonesia recorded a US$8.4 million surplus in 2012.
Other than trade, the cooperation also expanded to other sectors, include economics and technical, defence through military industry cooperation, and education through Indonesia-Croatia university cooperation.
- "Profil Negara dan Kerjasama: Kroasia" (in Indonesian). Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia. Archived from the original on May 15, 2014. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- Indra Pribadi (April 24, 2013). "Kroasia incar keuntungan di AEC lewat Indonesia" (in Indonesian). Antara News. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Kroasia Pintu Masuk Strategis ke Eropa" (in Indonesian). Koran Sindo. November 8, 2013. Archived from the original on May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Indonesia Buka 21 Hubungan Diplomatik 2011" (in Indonesian). Tempo. January 8, 2011. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Kerjasama Ekonomi dan Teknik RI-Kroasia" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Diplomasi. August 20, 2009. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Indonesia dan Kroasia Jajaki Kerjasama Pertahanan" (in Indonesian). Indonesian Defence Media Center, Ministry of Defence of Republic of Indonesia. February 21, 2014. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Slow start for Indonesia-Croatia university cooperation". SCI Def Net. Retrieved May 13, 2014.