Croatia–Mongolia relations (Croatian: Hrvatsko-mongolski odnosi) refers to the historic and current bilateral relationship between Croatia and Mongolia. Both countries established diplomatic relations on March 10, 1993. Croatia is represented in Mongolia through its embassy in Beijing, China. Mongolia has an honorary consulate in Zagreb.
Prior to 1990, while Croatia was part of SFR Yugoslavia, six Mongolian students had graduated from Zagreb universities with degrees in tourism, economics and civil engineering. Three medical doctors received advanced training in Croatia in 1994 and in 1996 with support from the World Health Organization.
In 2007, the two countries signed a memorandum of a cooperation, asserting a desire to strengthen economic and cultural ties.
In 2008, Croatian President Stipe Mesić visited Mongolia for the first time, at the invitation of Mongolian President Nambaryn Enkhbayar, who said that Mongolia would support Croatia's bid to be a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council. Mesić and Enkhbayar agreed that there was "great potentials for cooperation in many areas, including education, oil resources exploitation, infrastructure development, water resources research, [and] exports of medicines". While in Mongolia, President Mesić also met with Mongolian Prime Minister Sanjaa Bayar and Parliament Speaker Danzangin Lundejantsan. In October 2011, President of Mongolia Tsakhia Elbegdorj visited Croatia. and signed a memorandum on understanding between the Croatian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency and the Mongolian Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment Agency.
- Mongol invasion of Europe#Invasion of the Kingdom of Croatia
- Foreign relations of Croatia
- Foreign relations of Mongolia
- "Mongolia-Croatia". Embassy of Mongolia in Wien. Archived from the original on 2009-11-13. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "President of Croatia to Arrive Today". Montsame News Agency. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Cultural cooperation between Croatia and Mongolia". Croatian World Network (CROWN). Archived from the original on 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Mesic visits Mongolia to 'foster links with Croatia'". Business Mongolia. August 6, 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Croatian president starts Asian tour". Business Mongolia via HINA. August 3, 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
Mesic started his first official visit to Mongolia, at the invitation of Mongolian President Nambaryn Enkhbayar, the Croatian news agency HINA reported.
- "Mongolia, Croatia to boost co-op". Xinhua. August 5, 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "Croatia's Mesic visits Mongolia, China". Southeastern Europe Times. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Leaders of Mongolia, Croatia discuss economic cooperation". HINA news agency. August 4, 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Croatian president meets top Mongolian officials". HINA at BBC News. August 4, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Enhbajar: INA and Mongolian oil company to conclude agreement". SEEbiz. HINA. Archived from the original on 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "04.08.2008. - Ulan Bator, Mongolija" (in Croatian). President of Croatia. 2008-08-04. Archived from the original on 2012-03-18. Retrieved 2011-09-05.