Croatian Composers' Society
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Croatian Composers' Society (Croatian: Hrvatsko društvo skladatelja, HDS) is a professional organization of composers in Croatia. HDS is a member of the Confédération Internationale des Sociétés d´Auteurs et Compositeurs (CISAC), Bureau International de l'Edition Mecanique (BIEM), International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM), European Composers and Songwriters Alliance (ECSA) and the European Composers Forum (ECF).
The society has approximately 300 full and 7000 associate members. The full membership is available to composers, musicologists and music writers, whose applications are processed by a panel of members who evaluate the professional, artistic, or scientific merit of the applicant's work. The associate membership is available to music copyright holders - both individuals and legal persons - and entitles them to a share in the distribution of the government-collected blank media tax.
HDS organizes the Music Biennale Zagreb, an international festival of contemporary music, and Zagrebfest, a festival of Croatian popular music. In September 2016, in protest of the Croatian government's decision to authorize a second collection society, SOKOM MAP, to collect music royalties from broadcasters, (ZAMP) (the HDS's original collection arm), announced it would not allow music by its members to be broadcast on radio or television.
- "O nama". hds.hr (in Croatian). Croatian Composers' Society. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Pravilnik za prijam u redovno članstvo". hds.hr (in Croatian). Croatian Composers' Society. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Članovi". hds.hr (in Croatian). Croatian Composers' Society. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Zovu ga i Ivo Zamp: Josipoviću nametanje harača nije strano". Index.hr (in Croatian). 8 December 2009. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Copyright Battle Takes Macedonian Music Off Air". BalkanInsight. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Official web page (Croatian)
|This Croatia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a music organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|