Croatian Regulatory Authority for Network Industries
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Croatian Regulatory Authority for Network Industries - HAKOM (Croatian: Hrvatska regulatorna agencija za mrežne djelatnosti), with headquarters in Zagreb, is an independent regulatory agency for the telecommunications, postal and rail industries in Croatia. It also manages Croatia's radio spectrum.
It was created from the merger in 2008 of two earlier regulatory agencies, the Croatian Telecommunications Agency (HAT) and the Postal Services Council. In 2014. the former Rail Market Regulatory Agency was merged into HAKOM.
HAKOM is governed by the Council of HAKOM consisting of five members, including the President and Deputy President. The President, Deputy President and members of the Council are appointed for five-year terms. They can be dismissed by a vote of the Croatian Parliament upon proposal of the Government of the Republic of Croatia. Decisions of the Council of HAKOM are made by a majority vote of all of its members. The Executive Director is in charge of HAKOM's staff. Staff members perform expert, technical and administrative tasks.
HAKOM participates with regulatory agencies from other countries in meetings and workshops. The multinational bodies in which HAKOM participate include:
- COCOM (Communications Committee)
- ERG (European Regulators Group)
- IRG (Independent Regulators Group)
- RSPG (Radio Spectrum Policy Group)
- RSC (Radio Spectrum Committee)
- BEREC (Body of European Regulators of Electronic Communications)
- International Telecommunication Union
- European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations
- Comité Européen des Régulateurs Postaux
- Universal Postal Union
- IRG-Rail (Independent Regulators Group – Rail)
- "Hakom: Jednokratna otplata telefona ne može se nametnuti" [Hakom: One paying the phone can not be imposed]. 12 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "HAKOM više nije samo HAKOM" (in Croatian). tportal.hr. 12 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Hrvatska regulatorna agencija za mrežne djelatnosti: Godišnji program rada za 2019" (PDF) (in Croatian). July 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Marko Baretić; Siniša Petrović. "Control of Price Related Terms in Standard Form Contracts in Croatia". In Yeşim M. Atamer; Pascal Pichonnaz (eds.). Control of Price Related Terms in Standard Form Contracts. Ius Comparatum - Global Studies in Comparative Law. 36. pp. 315–338. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-23057-9.