This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||BSE: 500093NSE: CROMPGREAV|
|Gautam Thapar, Chairman
K.N Neelkant, CEO
|Products||Transformers, pump, HT & LT Motors, DC Motors, Railway Signaling|
|Revenue||₹140.13 billion (US$2.2 billion) (2015) |
Crompton Greaves (CG) (BSE: 500093, NSE: CROMPGREAV) is an Indian multinational company engaged in design, manufacturing, and marketing of products related to power generation, transmission, and distribution based in Mumbai. It is part of Avantha Group.
Col. R. E. B. Crompton founded R.E.B. Crompton & Company in 1878. The company was merged with F.A. Parkinson in 1927 to form Crompton Parkinson Ltd. Greaves Cotton and Company, established by James Greaves in 1859, was appointed as their concessionaire in India.
In 1937, Crompton Parkinson established Crompton Parkinson Works Ltd. in Bombay as a wholly owned Indian subsidiary. In collaboration with Greaves Cotton, it also established a sales organisation, Greaves Cotton & Crompton Parkinson Ltd. In 1947, just before India's independence, Lala Karam Chand Thapar, an Indian industrialist, bought Greaves Cotton when the company was put up for sale. With this acquisition, Karam Chand Thapar gained control of several associated companies such as Crompton Parkison Works, Greaves Cotton and Crompton Parkinson Company.
The name Crompton Greaves Limited was adopted on 2 August 1966, following a court-directed amalgamation of Greaves Cotton and Crompton Parkinson Ltd.
Over the years, the company has evolved into one of India's largest private sector enterprises.
In 1974, Crompton Greaves signed a Western Hemisphere exclusive with CEO H.W. (Hub) Markwardt of Fort Worth, Texas based Encon Industries to begin exporting their highly efficient high-breeze electric ceiling fans to the American market. Over the next 10 years, Crompton Greaves would export over 6 million units of ceiling fans to Markwardt in North & South America primarily for residential use under the brand name "Encon", which stood for ENergy CONservation.
After the acquisition of the Belgium-based Pauwels Trafo/Pauwels Group in May 2005, Crompton Greaves was ranked amongst the world's top ten electrical transformer manufacturers. The company subsequently acquired companies outside India. These include Ganz (Hungary), Microsol (Ireland), Sonomatra (France), MSE Power Systems (USA), and ZIV (Spain).
Crompton Greaves is a part of the US$4 billion Avantha Group, and is headquartered in a building CG House at Worli, Mumbai. In 2009 Crompton Greaves adopted a new brand identity and is since known as CG.
Crompton Greaves made series of acquisitions overseas which included - ZIV Group for Euro 150 Mn, QEI Inc, provider of SCADA and automation systems for $30.0 Mn and Emotron Group, a power electronics and engineering company, for $82.3 Mn (57.8 Mn Euros).
In March 2009, Crompton Greaves acquired 41% stake in Avantha Power & Infrastructure Limited for R2.27 billion.
Products & Services
This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Power Systems
- Transformers and Reactors
- Switchgear Products-MV/HV/EHV/UHV
- Instrument Transformers-MV/HV/EHV/UHV
- Power Quality Solutions
- T&D Systems/Engineering Solutions
- Mobile Substations
- Protection Control & Automation
- Services for Power Systems
- Transformer & Switchgear Components
- LV Switches & Panel Products
- Industrial Systems
- Motors: High/Low Voltage AC&DC
- Traction Motors/Alternators/Control Electrics
- FHP/Commercial Motors
- Drives and Automation
- Stampings and Laminations
- Services for Industrial Systems
- Automation System
- Power Line Carrier Communication(PLCC)
- Control & Relay Panels
- Numerical Protection IED'S or Relays
- Smart Grid products (Smart Energy meters, Data concentrator Units, Routers)
- Substation Automation Solutions
- RTU's based solutions
- Consumer Products
- Home Automation
- Integrated Security Systems
- Wiring Accessories
Offices in India
- North Region : New Delhi, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Lucknow, Gwalior
- Eastern Region : Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar,Guwahati,Patna
- Western Region : Mumbai, Nashik, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Indore, Pune, Nagpur, Raipur, Kolhapur, Bhopal
- Southern Region : Chennai, Bangalore, Secunderabad, Cochin
- Received National Award for Best Research and Development Efforts in 2007.
- Received Best Product Competition Award for Dream Transformer from Elecrama 2008.
- Received Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award-2007.
- Received Golden Peacock Award 08-09 for NAPOKRETE ® based Instrument Transformer – Current Transformer & Voltage Transformer.
- Received NABL Accreditation for 5 of its labs & 1 calibration lab.
- "Crompton Greaves adopts new brand identity as global power company – Money – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 19 October 2009. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- PTI, 30 Mar 2010, 12.19 pm IST (30 March 2010). "Crompton Greaves completes acquisition of PTS for 30 mn pounds – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2010-12-23.