Cronulla railway station
Station front in January 2007
|Location||Cronulla Street, Cronulla|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||34.81 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 side)|
|Opened||16 December 1939|
Cronulla railway station is the terminus station of the Cronulla line, serving the Sydney suburb of Cronulla. It is served by Sydney Trains T4 line services. The station is unusual in that the two platforms are situated end to end, rather than side by side, making it the second longest rail platform in New South Wales, after Albury.
From 1911 until 1932, steam trams operated a service between Cronulla and Sutherland. A single track railway line replaced the tram service, opening on 16 December 1939. A good siding closed in 1949.
Under the Rail Clearways Program, the two remaining single track sections of the Cronulla line were duplicated in 2010. As a result, train stabling west of Cronulla was replaced by stabling sidings opposite platform 2. Cronulla has the second longest platform in New South Wales, after Albury.
Platforms & services
|1||services to & from Bondi Junction|||
|2||services to & from Bondi Junction|||
Transdev NSW operates five routes to and from Cronulla station:
- 961: to Barden Ridge (three Sunday trips only)
- 962: to Bankstown Central weekends only
- 969: to Sutherland station
- 971: to Hurstville
- 985: to Miranda via Woolooware Bay
- 987: to Kurnell
- 988: to Caringbah station limited weekday service
- N11: to City (Town Hall)
- Cronulla Station NSWrail.net
- Cronulla Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Churchman, Geoffrey (1995). Railway Electrification in Australia & New Zealand. Smithfield: IPL Books. p. 91.
- Cronulla Rail Line Upgrade & Duplication John Holland
- First passenger trains run on newly duplicated track on the Cronulla Line Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation 19 April 2010
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 962 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 969 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Routes 970, 971 and 988 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 987 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW
- Cronulla - Bundeena timetable Cronulla Ferries