Crooked Creek Township, Bollinger County, Missouri
|Crooked Creek Township|
|• Total||84.74 sq mi (219.49 km2)|
|• Land||84.67 sq mi (219.29 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.19 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||14.56/sq mi (23.43/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0766321|
Crooked Creek Township is one of eight townships in Bollinger County, Missouri, USA. As of the 2000 U.S. Census, its population was 1,182. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the population had increased to 1,234. Crooked Creek Township covers an area of 84.74 square miles (219.5 km2).
Crooked Creek Township was established in 1872, and named after a creek of the same name noted for its irregular course.
As of the 2010 U.S. Census, there were 1,234 people residing in the township. The population density was 14.56 people per square mile (23.43/km²). There were 631 housing units in the township. The racial makeup of the township was 97.49% White, 0.24% Black or African American, 1.70% Native American, 0.08% Asian, and 0.49% from two or more races. Approximately 0.49% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
The township contains no incorporated settlements.
The township contains the unincorporated areas and historical communities of Bessville, Grisham, Lodge, Shrum, and Tallent.
The township contains the following nine cemeteries: Berry, Dalton, Hawn, Lincoln, McMahan, Moores, Old Concord, Slinkard, and Wallis.
The streams of Alex Branch, Big Blue Branch, Denton Creek, Hawn Creek, Henson Branch, Huffmans Creek, Indian Creek, Punch Creek, Reagan Branch, Shrum Branch, Stones Branch, Summers Creek, Turkey Creek and Turkey Creek flow through Crooked Creek Township.
- Amidon Memorial Conservation Area
- Hawn Access
- Meadow Heights R-II School District
- Woodland R-IV School District
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Bollinger County Place Names, 1928-1945 (archived)". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2016.