Crooked River Ranch, Oregon
|Crooked River Ranch|
|Elevation||2,600 ft (800 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||Pacific (UTC-7)|
Crooked River Ranch is an unincorporated private resort community in southern Jefferson County, Oregon, United States. A small portion of the ranch is also in north Deschutes County. It is located between the Deschutes River and the Crooked River near the south end of Lake Billy Chinook. It is west of U.S. Route 97 between Culver and Terrebonne. Amenities in the community include a golf course, swimming pool, saloon, disc golf course, horse riding arena and general store. The 12,000-acre (49 km2) ranch has a population of approximately 5,000. It is the largest homeowner association in Oregon. Crooked River Ranch has a Terrebonne mailing address, but the postal service also allows mail addressed to Crooked River, Oregon or Crooked River Ranch, Oregon. The ZIP code is 97760.
In 1910, Hillsboro politician Harry V. Gates bought the Crooked River Ranch property from local homesteaders and named it "Gates Ranch". The main ranch house was built in 1916 and is currently in use as a senior center. The property was named "Crooked River Ranch" as early as 1934. In 1961 the ranch was sold to the Thomas Bell family, who operated it as the Z-Z Cattle Co. for the next 10 years. In 1972 Crooked River Ranch was sold and developed as a recreational site. In 1980, the ranch's zoning changed from recreational to rural/residential. In 1992, the site was rezoned as a residential subdivision.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Crooked River Ranch
- "Ranch Info". Crooked River Realty. Archived from the original on 2010-01-24. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 43. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- "Crooked River Ranch Club and Maintenance Organization". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "United States Postal Service ZIP Code Lookup". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "Fourteenth annual report of the Federal Power Commission, fiscal year ended June 30, 1934, with additional activities to December 1, 1934. Serial Set Vol. No. 9968, Session Vol. No.56; Report: H.Doc. 26". 1935-01-03: 216–217.
|This Jefferson County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|