|Elevation||479 ft (146 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||164624|
Cropwell, also known as Coosa or Coosa Valley, is a neighborhood of Pell City, Alabama, United States. Cropwell was originally an unincorporated community, but has been incorporated into the Pell City city limits. Cropwell is located along Alabama State Route 34, 2.5 miles (4.0 km) south-southwest of downtown Pell City. Cropwell has its own post office with ZIP code 35054. Cropwell was originally called Coosa or Coosa Valley until 1837, when it began to be called Cropwell. A post office operated under the name Coosa during 1833 and 1834. A post office was then established under the name Cropwell in 1837.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Cropwell appeared on the 1880 U.S. Census with 105 residents. It was the only time it appeared on census rolls.
- "Cropwell". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Foscue, Virginia (1989). Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa: The University of Alabama Press. p. 42. ISBN 0-8173-0410-X.
- "St. Clair". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|