Crosby High School (Connecticut)
|Crosby High School|
|Type||Comprehensive Public High School|
|School district||Waterbury Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Kathleen M. Ouellette|
|Principal||Jade L. Gopie|
|Color(s)||Blue / White|
Crosby High School is a public high school located in the East End section of the city of Waterbury, Connecticut. It is part of the Waterbury Public Schools district. It was first opened in 1851 and is currently the third oldest high school in Connecticut. It has an enrollment of approximately 1368 students. Originally located at 255 East Main Street in Waterbury, it moved to 300 Pierpont Road in September, 1974. It is attached to Wallace Middle School. The principal is Jade Lee Gopie.
When first opened 164 years ago it was called Waterbury High. A fire destroyed Waterbury High building after which a second one opened in 1873 on Elm Street.
- Caswell Silver, class of 1934, geologist, CEO of Sundance Oil Co.
- Leon Silver, class of 1942, geologist who trained Apollo astronauts in field geology for lunar exploration
- Lisa Nemec, first Croatian long distance runner to be qualified for the Olympics
- Rick Mastracchio, class of 1978, NASA astronaut
- Jerome Cunningham, #86 Tight end for New York Giants
- Patrick Graham, class of 1997, Assistant Coach, New England Patriots
|This Connecticut school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|