Cross-country skiing at the 1936 Winter Olympics
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cross-country skiing at the|
1936 Winter Olympics
The 1936 Winter Olympics were held in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. The games began on February 6, 1936, and ended on February 16, 1936. There were three cross-country skiing events held, in which only men competed. There were 109 male competitors from 22 different nations. The youngest participant was 17-year-old Resat Erces from Turkey, while the oldest participant was Nils Backstrom from the United States of America at 34 years old. The athletes whom collected the most medals were Oddbjørn Hagen of Norway, and Erik Larsson of Sweden – each received two medals. Sweden collected more medals than any other country in the cross-country skiing events at a total of five.
Events consisted of the 18 km and 50 km Classical, and the 4x10 km relay event was added. The relay event was held on Monday, February 10, 1936, the 18 km competition was held on Wednesday, February 12, 1936, and the 50 km event was held on Saturday, February 15, 1936.
Rule Changes Implemented: "International Olympic Committee ruled that ski instructors could not compete in the games because they were professionals. Austrian and Swiss skiers boycotted the Olympics, but some Austrians decided to compete under representation of Germany."
||Erik August Larsson
|4x10 km relay
|| Finland (FIN)
| Norway (NOR)
| Sweden (SWE)|
Erik August Larsson
Ten cross-country skiers competed in all three events.
A total of 109 cross-country skiers from 22 nations competed at the Garmisch-Partenkirchen Games:
- "1936 Winter Olympics Cross Country Skiing – Google Search." 1936 Winter Olympics Cross Country Skiing – Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. November 11, 2014.
- "Olympic Games Medals, Results, Sports, Athletes | Medailles, Resultats, Sports Et Athletes Des Jeux Olympiques." Olympic Games Medals, Results, Sports, Athletes | Medailles, Resultats, Sports Et Athletes Des Jeux Olympiques. N.p., n.d. Web. November 8, 2014.
- "1936 Winter Olympics Cross Country Skiing – Google Search." 1936 Winter Olympics Cross Country Skiing – Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. November 6, 2014.
- "Cross Country Skiing at the 1936 Garmisch-Partenkirchen Winter Games." Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. N.p., n.d. Web. November 11, 2014.
- International Olympic Committee results database
|This 1936 Winter Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|