Cross-country skiing at the 2014 Winter Olympics – Men's team sprint
|Men's team sprint|
at the XXII Olympic Winter Games
|Venue||Laura Biathlon & Ski Complex|
|Competitors||46 from 23 nations|
|Cross-country skiing at the|
2014 Winter Olympics
The men's team sprint cross-country skiing competition in the classical technique at the 2014 Sochi Olympics took place on 19 February at Laura Biathlon & Ski Complex. The race was won by Finland's Iivo Niskanen and Sami Jauhojärvi, followed by Russia's Maxim Vylegzhanin and Nikita Kriukov second (+0.97 seconds) and Sweden's Emil Jönsson and Teodor Peterson third (+15.12 seconds). Teamed up with Hannes Dotzler, Germany's anchor Tim Tscharnke clashed with Jauhojärvi's skis in the last leg, as Jauhojärvi changed his line. The results were protested by Germany, but the protest was rejected and the results were confirmed. Yelena Välbe, president of the Russian Ski Federation, told reporters: "Finland should be disqualified but the protest has already been rejected".
In November 2017 Maxim Vylegzhanin was disqualified for doping offenses, аs a result Russia lost its silver medal. On 22 December, Nikita Kryukov was disqualified as well. On 1 February 2018, their results were restored as a result of the successful appeal.
The races were started at 14:05.
|4||1||Norway||Ola Vigen Hattestad
|6||17||United States||Simi Hamilton
|9||6||Czech Republic||Martin Jakš
- "Cross-country Skiing Schedule and Results". SOOC. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Rogovitskiy, Dmitriy (19 February 2014). "Norway women win, Finns cross first in men's race". Reuters. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- IOC sanctions four Russian athletes as part of Oswald Commission findings
- "Russian doping: IOC bans 11 Winter Olympic athletes". BBC Sport. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) delivers its decisions in the matter of 39 Russian athletes v/the IOC: 28 appeals upheld, 11 partially upheld" (PDF). Court of Arbitration for Sport. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Final Results" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-02-27. Retrieved 2014-02-19.