|Developer(s)||Radical Fish Games|
|Platform(s)||Linux, macOS, Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One|
CrossCode is an action role-playing game developed by Radical Fish Games and published by Deck13. The game's development began in 2012, and was later introduced as a crowdfunded project on Indiegogo in early 2015. Following a three-year long early access beta phase, CrossCode was released for Linux, macOS, and Windows in September 2018, and will be released for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in 2020. It received generally positive reviews from critics.
CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D action role-playing video game set in the distant future, combining 16-bit Super NES-style graphics with a fast-paced combat system and puzzle mechanics. Players control a mute character named Lea as she plays a fictional MMORPG known as CrossWorlds.
Development and release
CrossCode is an action role-playing video game developed by Radical Fish Games and published by Deck13. Development of the game began in 2012. It was later introduced added as a Indiegogo crowdfunded project in February 2015, being released as an early access title on Steam for Linux, macOS, and Windows later that year. It was officially released out of early access on September 20, 2018. The game will also be released on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One sometime in 2020.
The soundtrack was composed by Deniz Akbulut, with an official soundtrack being released on September 6, 2018.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2018)
- "CrossCode". Indiegogo. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- Tarason, Dominic (August 10, 2018). "Action RPG CrossCode levels up out of early access September 20th". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "CrossCode: Upcoming Updates, DLC and Console Versions!". RadicalFishGames.com. Retrieved December 3, 2019.
- Farrell, Reilly (August 9, 2018). "CrossCode soundtrack coming this September". Video Game Music Online. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "CrossCode for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Khan, Zarmena (March 17, 2019). "God of War Takes Home 'Game of the Year' at SXSW 2019 Gaming Awards". PlayStation LifeStyle. Retrieved March 17, 2019.