The Cross Crusade is cyclo-cross race series based in Portland, Oregon held over an eight-week period during the months of October and November. As of 2005, the series was the largest cyclo-cross series in the United States. Currently in its 14th season, the 2006 series consists of six races plus the U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross final (a Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) sanctioned event). The Cross Crusade began hosting UCI-sanctioned events as part of the series in 2002.
- Medley, Gary (October 14, 2005) Cannondale Stumptown Cyclocross Classic Sets Record... Oregon Bicycle Racing Association
- Brian Witty (October 2003) Vervecken and Dunlap Storm Away from Fields at Muddy Cannondale Stumptown Classic CyclingNews.com
- Hawkins, Katie. "Cross Crusade Goes Beyond the Bike". BicyclePaper.com. Bicycle Paper. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Valdez, Angela (November 9, 2005). "Mud, Sweat And Gears - How the once-obscure sport of cyclocross has exploded in Portland.". Willamette Week. Willamette Week Newspaper & WWEEK.COM. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Official Website
- "Mud, Sweat And Gears - How the once-obscure sport of cyclocross has exploded in Portland" Angela Valdez, Willamette Week, 11/6/2005 http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3201/6934/
- "Cross Crusade Moves to Horning’s Hideout; 700+ Riders Expected Again" https://web.archive.org/web/20061106184908/http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm?Action=Edit&MenuKey=14&theKey=831&ShowDisabled=0
- "Cyclocross Is Colorful. Mud-Colored, That Is." Oakley Brooks. NY Times. 11/25/06. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/25/sports/othersports/25outdoors.html?ex=1165122000&en=192117d95f87f53e&ei=5070&emc=eta1
|This cycling race-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|