Crossflatts is a ribbon development in Airedale along the old route of the A650 road between Bingley and Keighley, in the Metropolitan Borough of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. The opening of the Aire Valley Trunk road in 2004 has seen a reduction of 51% of traffic through the village.
Crossflatts is served by a pub (The Royal), a social club (Ryshworth), a cricket club (Crossflatts), three hairdressers, a fish and chip shop (Jacks), a butchers (Stuart Prices'), newsagents, bakers, pizza (Hot Shots), chemist, post office, funeral parlour, Chinese take away, curry house (take away only), Tesco Express, music shop and church (St Aidan's).
Crossflatts is also the home of UK Asset Resolution Ltd (UKAR), and Computershare, responsible for administering all remaining old Northern Rock Asset Resolution and Bradford & Bingley mortgages in the UK.
Crossflatts has a crown green bowling club (Bingley Bowling Green Club Ltd, Slenningford) who play in the Worth Valley League and Aire-Wharfe League, two football clubs (Royal and Crossflatts) and a cricket club which plays in the Bradford Central League.
Keighley Albion Juniors Rugby League club are based at Crossflatts Cricket Club.
- Herman "Percy" Vear (1911–1983), professional boxer
- Martin Whitcombe (1961), International Rugby Union player studied at Crossflatts Primary School
- Barry Watson (1939), Cross Channel swim record holder between 1964 & 1976, born and lives in Crossflatts
- Ordnance Survey: Landranger map sheet 104 Leeds & Bradford (Harrogate & Ilkley) (Map). Ordnance Survey. 2014. ISBN 9780319231654.
- "Ordnance Survey: 1:50,000 Scale Gazetteer" (csv (download)). www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk. Ordnance Survey. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "POPE Five Years After Evaluation: A650 Bingley Relief Road" (PDF). Highways.gov. HM Gov. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Crossflatts". Metro Train Stations [sic]. WYPTE. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Freedom of information". UKAR. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "What we do". UKAR. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Owners of Percy Vear's Real Ale House in Keighley to expand pub brand". Telegraph and Argus. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Barry Watson's Cross-Channel Hurry". Yorkshire Post. 12 August 2004. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "What's the best possible English Channel record?". Lone Swimmer. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crossflatts.|
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|