|This article or section might be slanted towards recent events. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1905|
|Founder||Willis Johnson and E. Leslie Hunt|
|North America, Australia, New Zealand|
|Steve Schuckenbrock, CEO, and Brent Smith, CFO |
|Services||Sales and marketing|
Number of employees
Crossmark, Inc., stylized as CROSSMARK, is a sales and marketing services company that operates within the consumer goods industry. The company was established in 1905 by Willis Johnson and E. Leslie Hunt in Fort Smith, Arkansas as a provision supply point for groups traveling to the Oklahoma Territory. Crossmark contributes research and data to the Food Marketing Institute. The company serves grocery, mass, club, drug, convenience store, and home improvement channels.
- 1906 - Company founded as Johnson and Hunt Merchandise Brokers in Fort Smith, Arkansas 
- 1914 - Company renamed Willis Johnson & Company, operations moved to Little Rock, Arkansas
- 1943 - President Roosevelt names Willis Johnson Sr. to the national office of price and administration (two-year assignment)
- 1944 - W.L. Gordon Company formed in Dallas, Texas
- 1953 - Phillips Brokerage Company created in Birmingham, Alabama
- 1960s and 70s - These three companies grew and prospered
- 1977 - Willis Johnson Company calls on Sam Walton in 1977
- 1981 - Willis Johnson Company changes its name to SalesMark
- 1995 - Three companies and alpha one merges
In 1997, Crossmark was one of three companies that collectively controlled 75 percent of the sales and marketing services industry. In 2012, The Dallas Morning News reported that the Plano, Texas-based Crossmark had 34,000 employees and has an estimated annual revenue of $1 billion. In December 2012, a majority of the company was sold to the private equity firm Warburg Pincus.November, 2013, Crossmark acquired the assets of PromoWorks
Products and services
Crossmark's services include headquarter sales, retail merchandising, in-store data collection, event marketing, retail technology, and retail analytics.
On August 6, 2013, Crossmark agreed to buy Marketing Werks in Chicago. The Marketing Werks deal will contribute to its total annual revenue of nearly $1 billion. Marketing Werks, based in Chicago, provides experiential marketing campaigns for companies in several consumer industries. It will become part of Crossmark Marketing Services, which offers in-store events, experiential marketing, shopper marketing, consumer engagement and field intelligence. Mike Graen has joined CROSSMARK as Vice President/Managing Director for CROSSMARK’s Center for Collaboration in Bentonville, Arkansas, which opened in July 2014.
- "Crossmark Named a Top Technology Innovator". CSPNet. September 27, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "CROSSMARK, MARS Advg. Launch Shopper Marketing Venture". Progressive Grocer. December 12, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "prog" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Crossmark to Acquire NCiM". Proressive Grocer. December 1, 2011. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Crossmark quietly makes its mark for big-name brands" (PDF). Dallas Morning News. August 26, 2012. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Crossmark History". Crossmark.
- "Retailers Face a Customer-Centric Universe: FMI". Supermarket News. April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "CROSSMARK 100-Year Anniversary Video". CROSSMARK. Retrieved August 25, 2011. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CSP" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Plano-based Crossmark to buy Chicago consumer marketing firm". Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Halkias, Maria. "Plano-based Crossmark sold to private equity firm Warburg Pincus". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Investor Buys Majority Stake in Crossmark". Supermarket News. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Crossmark Acquires Shopper Engagement Firm PromoWorks". Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Crossmark to Buy Marketing Werks". Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Mike Graen to Lead CROSSMARK's Center for Collaboration". Reuters. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- "Crossmark Named a Top Technology Innovator". CSPnet.com. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
16.^MILLENNIAL SPRING,(2014).(EDs) Grace, M.,and Graen, G., Charlotte, NC:Info Age Pub.