Crosstown Traffic (song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
German single picture sleeve
|Single by the Jimi Hendrix Experience|
|from the album Electric Ladyland|
|Recorded||December 20–21, 1967|
|Genre||Psychedelic funk, acid rock, blues rock|
"Crosstown Traffic" is a song written by Jimi Hendrix and recorded by the Jimi Hendrix Experience for their third album, Electric Ladyland (1968). It was released a single after "All Along the Watchtower", reaching number 52 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 37 on the UK Singles Chart.
Unlike many of the tracks on the album, this recording features the full line-up of the Experience with Hendrix, Noel Redding, and Mitch Mitchell. Hendrix also plays a makeshift kazoo made with a comb and tissue paper in tandem at points with his lead guitar, and backing vocals are performed by Redding along with Dave Mason. With its hard rock riff, the song is an example and mixture of blues and acid rock.
- Dave, Moskowitz (2010). The Words and Music of Jimi Hendrix. ABC-CLIO. p. 43.
- From the original US Reprise Records single
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience in the UK Charts, The Official Charts.
- The Album. ABC-CLIO. 17 October 2012. p. 3. ISBN 978-0-313-37906-2.
- Patricia Romanowski Bashe; Patricia Romanowski; Holly George-Warren; Jon Pareles (1995). The New Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll. Fireside. p. 58. ISBN 978-0-684-81044-7.