Crouch Hill railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Islington|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|21 July 1868||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Crouch Hill railway station is a London Overground station on Crouch Hill in the London Borough of Islington, north London. It is on the Gospel Oak to Barking line, 3 miles 65 chains (6.1 km) from St Pancras (measured via Kentish Town and Mortimer Street Junction) and is situated between Upper Holloway and Harringay Green Lanes.
The National Location Code (NLC) for this station is 7406.
The station has two platforms, one for each direction. Platform 1 is for trains toward Gospel Oak and platform 2 is for trains toward Barking. This station does not have a ticket office except for the security office, which is not officially part of the station but is next to the stairs to one of the platforms. However, staff are present on the platforms during the hours trains are running. This station has two ticket and two Oyster card machines; one for each platform as well as two waiting rooms. This station has a shelter on each platform. The platforms are only reachable by stairs.
There are no current plans to introduce lift access. The station was briefly equipped with APTIS ticketing equipment in 1988/89.
Since January 2010, trains run every 15 minutes in each direction, towards either Gospel Oak or Barking throughout the day. All trains from the station are operated by London Overground. The typical off-peak service in trains per hour (tph) is:
Between 16 May 2016 and February 2017, the line was closed east of South Tottenham from 6 June and completely from 24 September as part of planned electrification work, with buses replacing trains. Weekday trains resumed from February 2017.
Whilst the station has no direct interchange to a tube station, Finsbury Park station is a fifteen-minute walk away along Stroud Green Road. Archway tube station is also a twenty-minute walk away.
- "Estimates of station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Yonge, John; Padgett, David; Szwenk, John (August 2013) . Bridge, Mike (ed.). Railway Track Diagrams 4: Midlands & North West (3rd ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. map 1R. ISBN 978-0-9549866-7-4.
- National Railway Stations (Sorted by Three Letter Code) Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- Gospel Oak to Barking timetable
- "Crouch Hill Station / Hanley Road". Transport for London. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Crouch Hill Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crouch Hill railway station.|
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Gospel Oak
|Gospel Oak to Barking Line||
|Hornsey Road||Tottenham & Hampstead Junction Railway||Harringay Green Lanes|