Crow Family Holdings was formed as a family office to own and manage the assets of the Trammell Crow family. It was founded in 1991 and is based in Dallas, Texas. Today, Crow Family Holdings has substantial stakes in the ownership of various businesses, both real estate and non-real estate related. Their holdings also include significant, diversified positions in financial investments. According to their chief operating officer, Susan T. Groenteman, it controls $2 billion in investments.
Crow Family Holdings is founded on real estate, but maintains a diverse array of investments and financial activities. Trammell Crow Sr. began a career of real estate development at the end of World War II. Since then, Crow Family Holdings has been an active investor in industrial, office, retail, mart, land, hotel and residential real estate businesses in the United States, Europe and South America. Crow Family Holdings also holds substantial stakes in privately held businesses and other financial assets.
The Crow Family Holdings includes Harlan Crow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Anne Raymond, President of Crow Holdings Capital & Managing Director of Crow Holdings. Kirk Rimer is the co-head of Crow Holdings Capital – Investment Partners. Michael R. Silverman is the Principal, Chief Investment Officer at Crow Holdings Capital.
In February 2015, Crow Holdings launched a $3.5 million development of a new Maple Avenue restaurant district. 
In March 2015, Crow Holdings paid $140 million to buy the Dallas Market Center complex. They acquired sole ownership of the 5 million-square-foot wholesale center complex from Florida-based CNL Lifestyle Properties Inc. 
In May 2015, a fund of Crow Holdings Capital purchased a 27-building portfolio in Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston. Eight buildings are in the Dallas-Fort Worth. The 27 buildings total 2.3 million square feet and were 95.6% leased at the time of sale. 
In October 2015, Crow Holdings purchased the retail space in downtown Nashville’s Encore condo tower. They paid $11.5 million for the ground-floor retail space that is part of the 333 unit tower in SoBro. The Encore contains 19,500 square feet of street-level retail and restaurant space and is more than 90 percent leased. 
Crow Family Holidays has subsidiaries that include the Crow Investment Trust and it has major stakes in businesses which include Wyndham Hotels, Trammell Crow Residential and the Trammell Crow Company. Other Crow Family organizations include the Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art. The Trammell Crow Company was purchased by outsiders in late 2006.
- "Company Overview of Crow Family Holdings". Bloomberg. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Myerson, Allen R. "More Than a Chip Off the Building Block". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Kirk Rimer Executive Profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Foxman, Simone. "Inside the Old Psych Hospital Reborn As a Home for Money Managers". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Carlisle, Candace. "Crow Holdings to develop new Maple Avenue restaurant district near Old Parkland". Biz Journals. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Brown, Steve. "Crow Holdings paying $140 million to gain sole ownership of Dallas Market Center". Dallas News. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Baker, Sandra. "Industrial buildings sold to Crow Holdings". Star Telegram. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Sichko, Adam. "Dallas real estate family buys part of downtown condo tower". Biz Journals. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Myerson, Allen R. "Archives Trammell Crow Heir Rebuilds Family Empire // Third Son Digs Out From Rubble of Real Estate Crash". Tulsa World. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Pennsylvania Senate Profile". New York Times Elections. Retrieved 1 December 2015.