|Directed by||Simon Rumley|
|Produced by||Michael Riley|
|Written by||Andy Briggs|
|Music by||Richard Chester|
|Edited by||Agnieszka Liggett|
|Distributed by||Studio Canal|
Crowhurst is a 2017 British drama film directed by Simon Rumley, based on the true story of sailor Donald Crowhurst. Filming for the movie took place in Bristol during 2015 and the movie premiered on 15 September 2017 at the Oldenburg Film Festival.
In October 1968, Donald Crowhurst, a 35-year-old engineer and father of four, embarked on one of the last great adventures of the 20th Century. He was one of nine men who set out from the English coast that autumn as part of the Sunday Times Golden Globe Race, chasing to be either the first or the fastest man to circumnavigate the globe – single-handed and non-stop. But for Donald the dream turned into a nightmare.
- Justin Salinger as Donald Crowhurst
- Amy Loughton as Clare Crowhurst
- Edwin Flay as Peter Porter
- Glyn Dilley as Stanley Best
- Christopher Hale as Rodney Hallworth
The Hollywood Reporter reviewed Crowhurst, stating that it was "an intriguing curio, for sure, but a minor addition to Rumley’s mind-bending canon." Kim Newman reviewed the movie for Screen International, praising Justin Salinger's portrayal of Crowhurst.
- The Mercy – 2018 film on the same subject directed by James Marsh and also distributed by Studio Canal
- Deep Water, a 2006 documentary on the subject
- Kit, Borys (17 June 2017). "Indie Horror Filmmaker Simon Rumley Tackles Sailing Drama With 'Crowhurst' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Ramachandran, Naman (18 June 2015). "Simon Rumley wraps rival Crowhurst project". Cineuropa. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Roxborough, Scott (15 August 2017). "Oldenburg Film Festival Unveils First Titles". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Crowhurst (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Dalton, Stephen (24 September 2017). "'Crowhurst': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Newman, Kim (20 November 2017). "'Crowhurst': Review". Screen International. Media Business Insight. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Ritman, Alex (18 September 2017). "How Studiocanal Ended Up With Two Movies About the Exact Same Subject". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 December 2017.