Cover of the first Crows volume
|Written by||Hiroshi Takahashi|
|Published by||Akita Shoten|
|Magazine||Monthly Shōnen Champion|
|Original run||1990 – 1998|
|Volumes||26 (+3 gaiden)|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Masamune Ochiai|
|Produced by||Hiroshi Iwakawa
|Music by||Keiichi Gotō|
|Released||January 28, 1994|
Crows (Japanese: クローズ Hepburn: Kurōzu?) is a Japanese manga series by Hiroshi Takahashi about high school delinquents, which takes place in the same universe as Worst. As of October 2007, it had sold more than 32 million copies worldwide.
The series has been adapted into two OVAs by Knack Productions. It has also been loosely adapted into three live-action films: Crows Zero in 2007, Crows Zero 2 in 2009 (both directed by Takashi Miike), and Crows Explode (directed by Toshiaki Toyoda) in 2014. The first two films have subsequently been adapted into official prequel novels by Takahashi with art by Kenichiro Naitou, entitled Crows Zero and Crows Zero II: Suzuran x Housen.
A beat-em-up game for Sega Saturn titled Crows: The Battle Action was released in 1997.
Crows follows the story of Harumichi Bouya, who is a newly transferred high school sophomore at Suzuran All-Boys High School. Wits and endurance are the only school supplies necessary. Tests are taken on the battlefield, and only those left standing pass.
- Gray, Jason. "Crows: Episode 0 flies to top of Japanese box office", ScreenDaily.com (Screen International), published October 29, 2007.
- "Takashi Miike Helming Live-Action Crows Prequel". Anime News Network. April 19, 2007. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- Elley, Derek (October 8, 2007). "Crows: Episode 0". Variety. Archived from the original on February 19, 2008.
- Jensen, Erik (July 21, 2009). "Crows x Worst: An Introduction". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Hiroshi Takahashi's Crows Manga Inspires 3rd Live-Action Film". Anime News Network. June 4, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Crows (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Kōkō Butō Den Crows (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- ANN feature
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|