Croydon Guardian Logo
|Type||Weekly free newspaper|
|Owner(s)||Newsquest Media Group|
|Headquarters||Croydon, London, UK|
The Croydon Guardian (with locally branded editions) is a weekly free local newspaper covering the London Borough of Croydon, South London, and surrounding areas. The newspaper is published every Wednesday and is distributed free of charge in the borough of Croydon. It is sold for 60 pence at newsagents and other shops in and around the borough. With an average distribution of 99,753 copies, it is one of Newsquest's most read newspapers in London.
The newspaper was launched in 1986 by regional newspaper publisher Newsquest Media Group's South London arm. The newspaper, like many other local papers, has a high average advertising content percentage of around 77% according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations. There are over 25 editions to the newspaper for different districts in the borough, although a Mitcham edition, which is in the London Borough of Merton is also published.
There are many sister newspapers surrounding the Croydon Guardian area:
- Sutton Guardian
- Bromley News Shopper
- Wimbledon Guardian
- Streatham Guardian
- Wandsworth Guardian
- Lewisham News Shopper - For the London Boroughs of Lewisham and Greenwich.
- Epsom Guardian
- "Summary Report, Croydon Guardian - 02-Jul-2007 to 30-Dec-2007". Audited Bureau of Circulations (ABC). 2007. Archived from the original on 12 September 2013. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- Croydon Guardian website
- Local news, sport, jobs, homes & cars in Epsom, Hounslow, Kingston, Sutton, Wimbledon, Wandsworth
- This Is Local London: Where I Live: Bromley
- This Is Local London: Where I Live: Wimbledon, Morden & Mitcham
- This Is Local London: Where I Live: Streatham
- This Is Local London: Where I Live: Wandsworth
- This Is Local London: Where I Live: Lewisham & Greenwich
|This English newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|