Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust runs Croydon University Hospital. It also provides services at Purley War Memorial Hospital, in Purley, as well as multiple clinics in the local area. Croydon University Hospital is on the London Road in northern Croydon, and Purley War Memorial Hospital is located on the A235.
The Trust was formed in 2010 by a merger of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust.
It opened a new child development centre for children with special educational needs and disabilities in January 2017.
The trust announced plans to appoint a joint chief executive with Croydon Clinical commissioning group in May 2019, the first such appointment in England. The two organisations already share a chief nurse and a chief pharmacist.
The Trust provides all levels of secondary care, including district general care to the Croydon area. The trust provides emergency medical and non-elective surgical care, not including major trauma care, at Croydon University Hospital. There are walk-in and book ahead GUM clinic services in the adjoining Croydon Sexual Health Centre, which serve a wide area due to the closing down of neighbouring sexual health services (such as the Courtyard Clinic, previously at St. George's Hospital in Tooting.
It spent 7.8% of its total turnover on agency staff in 2014/5.
It was put into special measures in July 2016 because of concerns over its financial position, when it had a deficit of £36 million. It was taken out of financial special measures in February 2017, after it reduced its expected deficit to £25 million.
In 2019 it got the lowest score in England from the hospital inpatient survey, largely down to patients' experience of being discharged, despite its supposed integration with mental health services and social care. It also had the second lowest score on whether there were enough nurses.
- "New centre for youngsters with special educational needs and disabilities opens in Croydon". Croydon Advertiser. 16 January 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "First joint chief executive for CCG and trust". Health Service Journal. 14 May 2019. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "NHS Trusts put in risk categories - full list". Independent. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "More than a third of trusts predict year-end deficit". Local Government Chronicle. 13 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Agency spending: the real picture". Health Service Journal. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Croydon University Hospital's trust put in financial special measures". Croydon Advertiser. 21 July 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Trusts taken out of financial special measures". Health Service Journal. 20 February 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Integrated care trust comes bottom in patient experience survey". Health Service Journal. 24 June 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.