|Birth name||Darnell Carlton|
|Also known as||C.B.|
|Origin||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, Gangsta rap, Crunk|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, Hype man|
|Associated acts||Three 6 Mafia, Project Pat, Juicy J, DJ Paul, Drumma Boy, Lil Wyte, Frayser Boy, La Chat, Lord Infamous, Koopsta Knicca, Gangsta Boo, Hypnotize Camp Posse, The Killjoy Club|
Darnell Carlton (born August 20, 1974), better known by his stage name Crunchy Black, is an American rapper and Hype man. He was a longtime member of the Oscar-winning rap group Three 6 Mafia from the group’s founding until 2006. At the 78th Academy Awards in 2006, Three 6 Mafia and Frayser Boy won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for It's Hard out Here for a Pimp. Crunchy left Three 6 Mafia over monetary disputes involving his desire to forward his solo career. Black’s debut solo album entitled On My Own was released on September 19, 2006. Crunchy has said this album was released by DJ Paul and Juicy J without his permission. Crunchy’s second solo album, From Me To You is also said to have been put out without his permission by DJ Paul and Juicy J. From Me To You reached 12 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart, 32 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop chart, and 10 on the Billboard Top Rap albums chart. "On My Own" reached 3 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart, 163 on the Billboard 200, 15 on the Billboard Independent Albums chart, 28 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop chart, and 13 on the Billboard Top Rap Albums chart.
Crunchy contributed heavily to Platinum albums When the Smoke Clears: Sixty 6, Sixty 1, and Most Known Unknown, as well as Gold albums Da Unbreakables, and Chapter 2: World Domination with Three 6 Mafia. Crunchy is known for g-walking, which he says he started doing in Memphis Clubs but admits he is not the originator.
He was shot in the face and the leg in Las Vegas on July 1, 2012 and recovered very quickly from the injuries and was released from the hospital just days after the shooting.
In March 2014, Crunchy Black was arrested on two domestic violence charges and one possession of cocaine charge in Minnesota. He currently has three felony warrants issued by Stearns County, Minnesota. All three warrants carry nationwide extradition. TMZ broke the story. He was incarcerated and has since been freed.
|On My Own (Album)||
|From Me To You (Album)||
|Crunch Time (EP)||
|The Streets Need To Eat (Mixtape)||
|Money Ain't Nothing To Play With (Album)||
- "Crunchy Black". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black - Chart history". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- Baker, Soren (2013-09-28). "DJ Paul Announces Da Mafia 6ix Album Info". HipHopDX.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - May 22, 2015". RIAA. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black’s Biography – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at". Last.fm. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Celebrity Photo Gallery, Celebrity Wallpapers, Celebrity Videos, Bio, News, Songs, Movies". In.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black - music playlist and discography". Allsongsby.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at". Last.fm. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black | Music Biography, Streaming Radio and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black Discography and Music". Cduniverse.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Crunchy Black - Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Former Three 6 Mafia Member Crunchy Black Shot in the Face". Eonline.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Three 6 Mafia Rapper WANTED After Allegedly Beating Fiancee". TMZ. January 8, 2015. Retrieved January 8, 2015.